Chapter Seven

I feel like Christian is the only person I've been hanging around since I got here. Well him and Nicole, but that's by force; I live with her. I've seen Don a couple of times, sometimes in my dorm with Nicole, but he's not ideally who I want to hang around. Even if I wanted to call either of them my friends, they are never around. Nicole is always out doing god knows what and Don is more than likely out with her. He follows her around like a guard dog. But at least they hang out with people, unlike me.

I'm distracted from my pitiful thoughts of having no friends by a small knock at my dorm room door. Must be Nicole; But couldn't she just open the door herself? Well if she can't, I sure as hell shouldn't. She expects me to be up eleven at night to answer doors for her? Well I am up...

Fine, Ill get the damn door. I swing the door open and turn back to my bed, assuming she'll just close it herself. She can do that much can't she?

"Don't break your door, Talise." The sound of Christians raspy voice sends a chill down my body and back up again. Why is he here so late? Is he even allowed here?

"Why are you here?"

"You don't want me here?"

"I'm not saying that."

"I thought so." He makes himself comfortable on my bed, much like when I was in his room weeks ago. I sit in the chair next to the bed and slide it next to him because the bed is just too small for two people. Not that I want to share one with him.

"Really though, why are you here?"

"I don't know. I just wanted to talk I guess."

"About what?"

"Have you ever been heart broken?"

His question catches me completely off guard. I hope he isn't here to talk about my "feelings."

"Well I had a crush on this guy named Michael Qeliqi in 5th grade but he moved away. So I guess you can say my little heart was broken."
I laugh at my answer but he keeps a serious face.

"Have you ever broken a heart?"

"No, Christian why are you asking me this?"

"I just want to know how you work."

"I'm not a damn machine. Im considerate so I don't put myself in situations where I'd break a heart."

"Can I sleep here?"

He changes the subject completely. It was strange for him to come in and ask me these questions but it's even more strange that he wants to sleep in the same room as Nicole. Though she isn't here right now, she could show up at any given moment.

"I don't think that's a good idea...You know with Nicole living with me and all."

"You're right." He seems disappointed by my answer and I feel bad for saying no.

"But you can stay until Nicole comes back."

"You know she might not come back tonight."

"Yeah. Might."

"Come on Talise. My dad kicked me out tonight-"