Stoned

"Christie Road's what we'll call the song," Billie says, out of breath from dashing around. Several joints are scattered in the gravel surrounding us, and the boy's eyes are bloodshot. I imagine mine look about the same. Everything is kind of shifting in and out of focus.

    "That's a good name." Mike, stoned out of his mind, giggles quietly, and I find myself laughing. "I honestly don't know what the hell's going on right now," he laughs, running his hands through his hair.

    "We're high as fuck, that's what," Tré mumbles, and Billie laughs.

    "Be right back guys; I gotta piss." I snort and heave myself off the gravel, wandering away further down the tracks until I find a bush. We all probably smell like shit.

    I zip up my jeans as I duck out of the bush, only to nearly piss again when fucking Tré is standing a couple feet in front of me, facing the opposite direction.

    "The hell? Were you watching me pee or something?" I rub my eyes.

    He laughs, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Nah, I'm not into that kina stuff." He looks a bit antsy, and is shifting his weight from foot to foot.

    "Thank god." I bite the inside of my cheek nervously.

    "Yup."

    I glance behind him, and see Mike and Billie are deep in conversation farther down the tracks.

    "You're a pretty cool chick," he says, and for the first time ever, I see Tré embarassed.

    For a split second, my mind is a scattered mess. Partly because of all the weed, and partly because this cute nimrod just complimented me. "W - Uh ... thanks man." Oh god.

    "Welcome."

    We turn and walk the rest of the way back to Mike and Billie in an awkward silence. I'm noticing Tré smells like weed and hair dye, when suddenly he slips his hand into mine and stops me.

    And then, Tré Cool kisses me.

    Right in front of Mike and Billie.

— • im not very proud of this chapter but its all good • —