[REQ] laughter || shima sakon

requested by : ILoveWolvezz ~~

modern au

*cries bc there's no happy (official) anime art for sakon.... this man deserves to be happy*

*doesnt know how to write for sakon so throws confetti in your face* hooray

in this story, sakon's hair is fully brown as a child

-

-7 years old ❤️-

You quietly swung yourself back and forth in the swing, feeling the wind go through your hair. The other children were playing tag or hide and seek or whatever they wanted to play, but you didn't want to join them.

You enjoyed playing by yourself. It wasn't shyness or anything; you just didn't want to engage in socializing with others. Being the only child of parents who were too busy with work to even spare a minute to bond with their child, you have grown used to being alone.

You stopped the swing and took a glance at the other children, who were laughing and running around. You frowned and gripped tighter on the chains of the swing. You were envious of them; the ones who were used to interacting with other people. You bit your lip and trembled as you felt your heart ache.

"Hey, are you okay?"

You looked up to see a boy, who seemed to be the same age as you, looking into your eyes.

You didn't know what to do. This was your first little chat in a while, and your heart nervously beat faster at this.

To you, it might seem like you looked like the most pitiful thing ever, trembling on the seat of the swing. However, to the boy, you just looked emotionless as probably you stared straight into his soul.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, the boy was the one to break it. "Would you, uh, like to play with me?" He asked, holding up a red ball in his hands.

You blinked in confusion. "Play... with you?" You said, voice almost a whisper. You stared at the ball for a few seconds before nodding, getting up from the swing. "Okay."

The boy grinned at you, "Great!" He grabbed your hand and led you to a fairly vacant spot on the grass, where no other children seemed to be playing in. "Ah, my name's Shima Sakon, nice to meet you!" Smile never faltering, he reached his open hand to you, expecting a handshake.

You stared at it, thinking about what to do with his actions. You blinked at him and slapped his palm with yours like a high-five. "(L/N) (F/N)." You said.

Sakon looked at you in shock and confusion before laughing. You rubbed your arm as a nervous habit. "Did I do something wrong?" You asked.

"Nah! It's nothing. C'mon, let's play catch!" The brunet boy smiled and held the ball in his hands.

"....Okay."

-

-10 years old ❤️-

You've been friends with Sakon ever since that day. Luckily, he lived close to you, so he walked you home after school.

It was the end of another school day, and Sakon decided that it would be nice to make a little stop to the convenience store before going home. So, you walked together while eating popsicles.

"Hey, (F/N)-chan," He started, "how come I've never seen you smile or laugh before?"

You frowned and turned away from him, "...It's nothing to worry about." You muttered, taking a bite out of your icy treat.

"C'mon~" Sakon pouted, leaning towards you, "You can show your happy side to me! I won't mind." He got a little too close for comfort, so you tried to push him away. Tried.