Splashed

I rode the bus home that night and listened to my music until I fell asleep. The bus lurched to a halt in front of my neighbors house and dropped her off waking me up. He stopped at my house and I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked to the front of the bus. One of the guys whistled at me as I got off the bus. I just ignored him.

I strolled up my driveway and was greeted by my cat. I bent down to pet her and thought to myself.

Animals are so much better than people. Animals don't love you because your 'pretty' the love you because you love them.

I sighed to myself wishing everyone was a cat. I opened the garage door and let myself in the house. Nobody was home because my dad was in India, my mom was working, and my little brother wasn't out of school yet.

I turned on my music and got out my homework. After I finished my homework I checked my phone and found a text from Kaylee.
Kaylee:
Wanna come to my pool tonight? 🏊

Morgan:
Sounds great! Be there in 15 😊

I hoped on my bike and rode to Kaylee's house. We swam around in her pool and took some selfies for insagram.

"Hey Morgan?" Kaylee said.

"Ya." I replied.

"Why do you block everyone out exept me, Elis, and our other friends?"

I looked up from my phone and thought for a minute. Finally I answered, "Because I want to find people who don't love me because I'm pretty and don't hate me because I'm ugly." I breathed, "and so far you and Elis are the ones who love me because of who I am on the inside."

"Oh." She said, "Well enough of this mushy gushy stuff. Lets have some fun!" And with that being said she shoved me into the pool. I gasped and pulled her in with me until we were both a giggling watery mess.

I couldn't have asked for a better friend.