A Step into the Past (Book1-Book2chp6)

Book 1 Chapter 1 - Time Machine

Screech!

The shrill screeching caused by braking resulted in the friction between the tyres and the road sounded right in front of the city's most popular 'Black Leopard Bar'. The jeep that belonged to Team 7 of the army's special unit, regarded as the best of the best, suddenly stopped.

Amid the cheers and laughter, Xiang Shaolong and his three teammates grabbed the grills and jumped down from the car. After three months of intensive training in body and warfare in the Gobi desert, they finally have three days of leave. If they do not thoroughly enjoy life now, they would be letting down their parents who gave birth to them.

Xiang Shaolong is twenty this year. His skin glowed with a healthy tan because of his long hours under the sun. He may not be considered a handsome young man, but with his height nearing 2 meters, broad shoulders, trim waist and long legs, firm muscles with not an inch of excess fat, agile and smart eyes, pencil straight nose, perfectly rounded cheekbones, square face, matched with a lazy smile that seems to flirt with women, he definitely has the qualities that will pique the interest of any girl.

Just as they were about to enter, there was chaos and a mess of bodies landed on the ground amidst claps and curses. It was their team mates Xiao Zhang and Man Niu (Stubborn Cow) who came earlier being thrown out of the door and landing in a heap. They were groaning to get up and although this is usually a very simple act, but now to these two top agents of the special unit, it's a very difficult task.

The expression on the four's faces changed and they rushed forward to help the two of them up. Rhino, who has a growth on his forehead, exclaimed, "How many people?"

This question is very logical. Xiao Zhang and Man Niu, like them, belong to Team 7 Special Unit. They are picked amongst the best in the whole army to receive special training as a crack team, and specialized in handling all kinds of dangerous situations like anti-terrorists missions, entering hostile countries to carry out assassination attempts or saving lives, protecting important political people etc. Their training includes the use of various weapons, unarmed combat, resistance training, survival training, various spying techniques, in fact the aim is to train them into becoming supermen. Even ten odd brawny men may not be able to harm even a single hair on them.

But since other teams have always been jealous of them, they find it an honor if they are able to take down members of Team 7. So it's quite normal for fights to break out whenever they're on leave and having drinks, but this is the first time that they have actually been thrown out of the door.

Xiao Zhang regained some of his senses, opened his bruised eyes and when he saw it's Xiang Shaolong helping him up, he exclaimed with joy, "Brother Long, go and back us up quickly!"

Everyone in the team addressed Xiang Shaolong as Brother Long, not because he's older, but because he's the sharp shooter of the team, champion of freestyle boxing, and the fittest among them.

Man Niu panted and pointed towards the inside of the bar and said, "It's Team 841's instructor Black Faced Deity, he actually had the guts to harass our ice beauty."

The four of them flew into a rage. Ice beauty Zheng Cuizhi is the secretary of their team's instructor, so how can they allow other teams to touch her when none of them have managed to woo her?

Xiang Shaolong's hands started itching once he thinks about fighting, so he puffed up his chest and shouted, "Help them in and let me how off my skills!" With that, he led them into the bar.

The spacious bar was filled with smoke and the noises and music deafening. Half of the crowd was from the army or police and foreigners and civilians numbered only about thirty. It was crowded and the mood spirited.