It's not just me and you now Pt 2 (Reader X APH!Iceland)

When you go to sleep at night, you are filled with anticipation for tomorrow. It's a day closer for you to hold your precious bundle of joy.

You always enjoyed mornings. The fresh forest air, the sound of bird chirping, and the silence that lingered through the room. You sat leaning against your bed frame for support, as you studied Emil's structure, exploring the bumps and valleys on his back. You slid your hand across your round stomach as little kicks pushed against your abdomen. 

Emil shuffled around in the blanket as he stretched his hand out to place on your stomach.

"The little man's been kicking a lot harder lately"

You nodded as you felt Emil's warm hand touch your tender skin.

Emil has been on the edge recently, he hasn't been able to leave you alone for more than 10 minutes. He's afraid everything is gonna hurt you, and has made sure your needs and wants were tended to. You tell him repeatedly, that you dislike being treated as a child, but he insists on his behaviors. He built all of the furniture by himself, with a 'little' help from his friend, Berwald and even brought a car just in case of a emergency. 

Recently, you've been getting early contractions. They were only tiny surges of pain, and goes away almost immediately. You were barely 8 months pregnant. The doctors defined your pregnancy as a high risk pregnancy, considering you don't have the best health and been bedridden for the majority of your life.

Emil threw the blanket off of his body and stretched his wary body. You attempted to get up, but the pregnancy has really done some damage to your balance. You stared at him with puppy eyes and he only let out a slight chuckle. Emil came closer and slopping down, pulling you into a bridal style as he carried you down the stairs. Emil was cautious of each step, and took time to coordinate his foot. 

He sat you down near the couch, where you've built a pillow fort just last night. You shuffled around to find a comfortable position. Emil glanced at his pregnant wife, as he prepared to make your morning tea and pancakes.

It felt like a regular day as the sun came through the window, warming the floor around and bringing light into the dark room.

The combination smell of freshly brewed Earl Grey and buttermilk pancake flew through the air, as your mouth watered for the delicacy. Emil sat down next to you and placed the tray on the counter. He took a knife and cut a piece of the pancake and offered to feed you.

 He gave you a kiss on your forehead, when a sudden surge of pain overcame you. You held onto your abdomen and winced in pain. 

"E..Emil, I think it's time."

Emil dropped the fork, and rushed to prepare for the trip to the hospital. 

Emil lifted you up from the couch as you leaned on him for support. He wrapped you up as he loaded up the car. He guided you towards the car and rushed into the driver seat.

A hour later

You and Emil rushed into the hospital, as you let out a scream of agony. It ringed through the small hospital ward as nurses rushed to your need. The nurses transferred you to the labor ward and pushed you down the hallway. Emil followed close behind and encouraged you to do your best and have a healthy baby. His voice with a tone of optimism mixed with fear. They shut the door between you and him, and you can hear Emil banging on the door and screaming.

Doctors rushed in and out of room as Emil stood staring feeling helpless in the situation. Emil can hear your scream through the door, and it pained him with each cried and frightened him with each silence.

He sat down by a bench near the door and cupped his face in his hands. He let out a small whimper and his figure grew small against the large wall.

Someone reached out and patted him on the back, when Emil looked up. It was Lukas, his older brother. Emil threw himself into his brother's arms, as when they were younger and bawled his eyes out.

"She's gonna be okay, little brother."

Emil didn't respond, but he knew he has convinced him.

Emil's close friends stood around him and comforted him.

The screams finally died down, and a little cry came from the room.

Emil left the embrace of his brother and friends as he rushed into the room. His wife lay weakly on the bed, still with a smile on her face. Sweat covered her face and her normally beautiful hair was tangled and frizzy. 

The nurse gently placed into his arms, a small bundle. Emil choked on his words and lost his breath as he saw the small bundle in his arms. He smiled affectionately and nuzzled his face into the baby's. The baby held onto his fingers, and refused to let go. Emil brought him closer to his wife as tears released from his eyes. He was so small and fragile.

"Thank you for all the hard work."

"He's perfect."

"What should we name him?"

"Even (meaning happy, lucky in Norse Mythology)."

He nodded at your suggestion. 

Þakka þér (Y/N).