King Pt.2

"What are you?" I stare intently into the eye ring. "Magic?" It looks left, meaning yes.

"Did you have an old owner?" It looks left.

"Do you know anything about what happened while I was going to third period today?" I usually have brown eyes, but all of a sudden I had blue eyes.

It looked left.

"I knew it! Ok, do you know anything about the voice I heard yesterday in third period?" It looked left again.

"Yes! But, how am I going to get detailed answers?..." It then picked up a price of paper and a pencil by making my hand move.

"Your a genius! Ok, what do you know about the blue eyes?" It put the pencil to paper, and scratched down the answer.

"I am connected to a certain person."

I scratch my head. "And?"

"That's all I'm saying about that. And if you were going to ask, that is also why you heard that voice in class."

I slump. "Oh... Ok." I remember something I was going to ask.

"Do you have your own agenda?"

It looked left. My eyes widen.

"My agenda is to guide you." I release my breath. Then I remember my first question.

"What are you?" I stare at the words being procedurally written down.

"I am a doorway to two possibilities."

"What? What does that mean?"

"I will guide you to an important question, but you must choose which path to take."

"Great." Gathering little information, I decide to go out and shop instead.

At the shops, I look through all the options, mostly just browsing. The mountain with the cave is visible, the King's mountain. He lives in the cave, stopping us from leaving the village and creates the reapers there. It looms over us, making me wonder how big it is up close. I shiver, then notice something at the village edge. A girl is leaning against a tree, right outside of the perimeter. She doesn't seemed worried at all, although there was a high chance the reapers would come. I walk toward her, then stop when I hear a raspy growl.
A reaper walks right up to her.

"Nobody new?" I can hear her voice as the reaper shakes its head. She looks like she sighed.

"Home is so close..." I realize I'm mouthing her exact words. She notices me, and her eyes widen. She looks left and right, then bolts deeper into the forest. Despite my gut, I chase after her.

I smack away leaves and branches, ducking under the bigger ones and leaping over roots. Everywhere around me, I can hear what sounds like sandpaper mixed with an exhale. But always, I faintly hear footsteps ahead. She can't run forever, right?

Suddenly, I hear a flap of wings instead of footsteps. I pause. I gasp, then scream, when a pair of claws pick me up and lift me into the sky. I gather myself enough to look up, seeing an underbelly of heavily armored black scales.

The King is going to kill me.

As soon as I realized this, and started praying for hope, he dropped me in his cave, turned around and landed in front of me.

The first thing I saw was how big the cave was. The second thing I saw was the King up close.

His head loomed on a tall neck with a mane of spikes. The neck led down to a lean body with a pair of giant wings lined with spikes, then leading down to a long tail tipped with a terrifying arrowhead. But his eyes were the things I noticed most. Because they were just like my ring.

Again, after all this went through my mind, he started...shrinking. He shrinks to a smaller dragon, becoming a human-like creature, then becoming the girl I chased through the woods. My mouth dropped, unable to react.

"Let me see that ring." Still shocked, I hold out my hand. When she touches it, she frowns.

"This is almost an impossible creation. Where did you get it?"

"A-at at th-the mark-maket yest-yester-day..." I shake my head, still trying to wrap around the idea that the King was a girl. A fairly tall girl, at that.

"I knew it." Her eyebrows furrow. "I need to explain a few things that ring didn't." She takes it off, and I finally spring back to reality.

"Hey, I bought that fair and square, and wether your a dragon or human, you still need to follow rules." I gasp, becuase there was a very possible chance that she would kill me. She raises an eyebrow.

"I'm just keeping it safe, and also because I need to study it. I will get to you in a second, but for now, follow Dave to the kitchen." Before I can complain, she turns around and walks to a well hidden door. Then "Dave" walked out.

Being a reaper, he was a clean one. I managed to stay frozen and not bolt, but he could tell I was stressed.

"Do I scare you?" He breathes a raspy breath. "Don't wory, as long as the boss is here, your safe. She doesn't like to clean up the living space of blood. Very hard to get off of rock." He motions for me to follow him, and as I do I look around at the surprisingly homely area.

Soon were at the kitchen. I sit down at the table, and Dave leaves, telling me all the food is free. I get up again and look around, seeing lots of weird metal boxy cupboards on the ground. I look in a tall one and meet a magical wonderland of coldness and food.

Every kind of food you could imagine was there, including unsalted fish, meat that wasn't made into jerky, cut fruit, and other perishable foods that would mold or rot after an hour.

"That's called a refrigerator, or a fridge." The girl's voice calls behind me, making me turn around.

"How does it stay cold?" I turn around and inspect it, finding nothing but flat metal.

"That's a lesson for another day. For now, I need to discuss some things with you."