Chapter 3: Keep your friends close...

A/N: So I've been tossing around the idea of using certain actors/actresses for my OC's, as way to give you guys and girls reading a more in depth look at what they look like beyond the descriptions in the story so I'm going to try that here and let me know what you think!

Janelle Mourelo-Castro played by Janina Gavankar

Alex Morgan's POV:

When those doors opened and I saw who was standing there, I knew that this was potentially going to get ugly. To say that her and Tobin had a chequered past was putting it mildly. Janelle Mourelo-Castro the girl who had come close to seriously injuring Tobin on several occasions was to be our new team mate.

She stood there with her coffee coloured skin, brown eyes, leggy and model like with her cleats on and a ball tucked under one arm. "Did you miss me Tobes?" She said with a wink and a cutesy wave of her hand. Tobin growled and I looked over at her. How did she still manage to look so pretty even when she was angry.

"Easy tiger," I said as I placed a hand on her arm, her gaze now snapping to me. I plastered a glare on my face as I stood next to Tobin, a unite front against the evil bitch of the West. Whilst Tobin is more of an attack minded midfielder who will set up goals and even score them from time to time, Janelle was like her polar opposite.

She was a holding midfielder who sat in front of the defence eliminating danger before it came their way. She'd been nicknamed 'Search and Destroy' for her hard tackling style. As much as I hated to admit it, we'd probably need her given that the rest of the roster was going to be filled with rookies given the franchises' troubled past.

I wouldn't say that to Tobin though. I was fully behind my best friend. "What's the matter? Cat got your tongue? Or does Morgan talk for the both of you?" She continued, determined to get under Tobin's skin.

"Shut up JMC. Ruined any careers lately?" I threw back at her, anger laced throughout my words.

It was going to be all kinds of unbearable sharing a field with this girl. Hopefully I'd be appointed captain and then she'd have to get in line. If she was here now that meant that she'd been traded to this franchise from the San Jose Sirens. Clearly the owners must mean business if they're bringing in some heavy hitters like us.

Before I could stop her, Tobin was already heading out the door, her shoulder not so accidentally bumping into Janelle's on her way out, causing her to stumble back a few steps.

"You girls play nice out there. I'll be expecting you all here tomorrow for pre-season," Rex said before dismissing us, turning his back on those of us still in the room.

I ran out of the room hopefully trying to catch up with Tobin before she left or did something she'd regret or both. I was only able to watch as she sped out of the lot, almost hitting another car which was pulling into the lot on her way out. I'd stop by and see her later, wherever she was staying.

Tobin Heath's POV:

Man I wanted to hit that girl right in the face, repeatedly. Not only to wipe that smug look off her face. I'd been lucky she hadn't injured me more seriously in our past encounters. I get playing to win and leaving it all out on the pitch but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

I saw Alex out of the corner of my eye as I sped out of the parking lot and it was only moments later that my cell buzzed with a message from her,

'Let me know where you're staying tonight. I want to come see you and make sure that you're alright.'

It was messages like this that only made me like her more. She'd stood up for me today (even though I was capable of standing up for myself) and she wanted to make sure I was alright in person. I've been in relationships where my partner hasn't been there for me as much as Alex has.