Chapter 5

*First person pov*

I walk out of the store, groceries in hand. I started up my motorcycle, but it wasn't until I heard some kind of horn. It took me a minute to realize it was a evacuation horn. "Communication from the Heroes Association. Here is the report: Emergency evacuation warning. Disaster of Dragon Level!" The people around me starts panicking and started running and screaming, getting into their cars and driving off. "Please escape to the nearest shelter. Only 21 minutes until the huge meteorite impact! According to some specialist talks, Z-City will be completely annihilated! Please escape as far as possible!" I look up at the sky, there were helicopters flying over head but that's what didn't catch my eye.

It was a huge fucking meteor coming down, and fast. "SHIT!!" I cursed, then hit the gas, heading towards the place the meteor is most likely gonna hit first. I weave through the crowds and cars, sweat rolling down my face. There isn't enough time to get Saitama... I will try at least buy some fucking time by blocking the meteor with a shield until Saitama's and Genos's slow ass get here! About 5 minutes later, I make it to a building that is one of the closest to the meteor. I park my bike and ran inside the building and to the roof.

I get to the roof, busting the door down because it was locked. I get out to the middle of the roof, staring at the meteor that is coming closer and closer. My body glows yellow, and I tried to make a shield around the meteor around it. But it seemed to be too far away. "Dammit! Only 15 minutes left!" I cursed, what am I supposed to do until the meteors get close enough? Think, think! I glance at the panicking people below. Some of them won't make it to the shelter in time... I'll support them by giving them more speed!.... If that's possible. My hands glow a blue, and I put my hands together, slowly separating them to reveal a huge blue ball of light. I don't know, but words appeared in my mind and I blurted them out unconsciously.

"A Thousand Swiftness Wish!" I yelled, and thousands of blue chunks break off from the ball of light, going all across the city like a shooting star. The chunks that went to the people below the building hits them, and their bodies are surrounded by blue light, and when they started running, I could barely see them. This should get them out of here to safety... All of a sudden, I felt a wave of exhaustion and I fell to my knee. "Damn..." I cursed again. I heard someone running to me. "Ren!?" I recognized that voice, it was that asshole's voice. "Genos." I greeted as I looked up at him. There was something on his cheeks... it kinda looked like metal scales and I gotta say, it looked badass as fuck.

He had new arms from the looks of it... where did that come from. "What are you doing here!? You're gonna get killed!" Genos yelled, and I scoffed. "Like hell I'll run away... There are thousands of people in this city, and I'm not gonna let a singe person die on my watch!" I yelled as I stood up. "Leave now, Metal Knight was just here and even he couldn't destroy the meteor!" Genos said, and I looked at him confused. Since when? I didn't hear anything... "That thing is gonna be here at 33 seconds! Leave!" Genos yelled, my eyes widened. "When did-!?" I yelled as I gazed up at the meteor, it was right freaking there!

My hands glowed yellow and I made a barrier, blocking the meteor. It collided, and I grunted. It was so heavy, there's so much pressure! "Genos, I need you to destroy that meteor and fast. I don't know how long I can hold this barrier up, hurry!" I yelled, and Genos nodded. I can hear noise behind me, and footsteps. "I can see that you're troubled, for you to think of failure at such a time shows that you're inexperienced, even when your comrade is buying time for you." I turned my head to look and see who it was. It was Bang, I did consider becoming his Sidekick but he chose that he didn't want me to Sidekick for unknown reasons. "Reaaaal fucking pleasant to see you, Bang." I said as I continued to concentrate on the meteor.

This is sucking all of my energy... I don't know how long I can keep this up. "Nice seeing you, Takahiro Ren. Genos, you can only resolve this situation, this is where you can shine. You are the best suited for this, there are no alternatives." Bang told Genos, and I turned to look at Genos. "Cyborg bitch! You need to fucking decide now, I'm almost at my limit!" I yelled, feeling the weight of the meteor crushing me. I could hear ripping behind me, so I turned to see Genos ripping his sleeveless hoodie off. His metal chest opens up to reveal some kind of circle thing, it said 'core' all over it. He takes it out, then his arm opens up and he puts it in and his arm starts glowing.

"BANG! REN! YOU GUYS BETTER TAKE COVER!!" Genos yelled, and I glared at him through the corners of my eyes. "KINDA HARD TO FUCKING DO, SINCE I'M HOLDING UP THIS GOD DAMNED METEOR TO WAIT FOR YOUR ASS!! I'M GONNA MAKE THIS BARRIER DISAPPEAR, AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME!! JUST TAKE OUT THE OVER SIZED PEBBLE!!" I yelled at Genos, and he hesitated, then nodded. "3!!! 2!!! 1!!! GO, GENOS!!" I yelled, removing the barrier, and whatever Genos was charging up in his arm, turned into a laser and fired it towards the barrier.