Chapter 3

I also died that night. But I am not dead. You see, it was not my destiny to die that night. So Death saved me. You're probably wondering what I mean by Death, well it is simple really. Death is not a what, it's a who. Death was the first person to ever die. He was tasked with the job of collecting souls and taking them to either Heaven or Hell. Have you ever heard the 'Tale of the Three Brothers'? Well, point is, in 'The tale of The Three Brothers' there is a line that goes, "And Death spoke to them." Death spoke to them. He was referred to as a person. Because he was. Well kind of...

After Death saved me, he raised me as if I was his own. I believe it was because he was lonely. He told me stories of my real parents and of the world beyond his dimension. He also told me that I was meant for great things. Death never told me if they were good or bad. He just told me that I was meant for Great things. I am not human but I am also not like Death. Because Death saved me before I was born, he had to use a strange and powerful magic to make sure I would survive. Bringing people back to life is not as simple as it sounds.

So, because of that I am very powerful. But, I don't know what I am. I am alive but I have no heart beat. I am dead but I still need to breath. I can feel pain but I can not love.

Seeing as my parents never knew I existed, Death gave me a name.

My name is...

Pandora,

Pandora Lily Death