Chapter Six ≫ Dirty Little Secret

Chapter Playlist:
1. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
2. Gorillaz - Let Me Out (feat. Mavis Staples & Pusha T)
3. Imagine Dragons - Evolve [Complete Album]
4. Daft Punk - Discovery [Complete Album]

Published: 5 December 2017

"Butch? Are you listening to me?"

Butch made a soft hum noise, barely audible. Buttercup rolled her eyes, mumbling to herself, "This idiot is barely listening to me."

Butch shut his eyes and let out a cool breath, "I heard that."

"You were meant to."

Buttercup scratched her head and let out a sigh of frustration. Things weren't going as planned for her and her partner. She could already tell that he was trying to drag out this project for her just to make her life a living hell. He would ditch their meeting to do God knows what or simply just ignore her the whole time they were together, like he was doing right now.

"You know being mean to me won't help, right?" She asked him, glaring at his laying form. He simply gave a soft but derisive laugh, simply informing her that he was aware that being vague towards her was starting to agitate  her.

Something in the back of Buttercup's mind told her to count to 5, in slow and soft breaths. Hoping it would calm her down, she began.

1....

2....

3—

"You're counting out loud." He groaned out as he shifted upright. He looked down at his phone before mumbling out, "you always did have a knack for doing that when you're angry."

She straightened upright as he finished his sentence. How the hell did he know that? It's not like they've interacted in any civil conversation before, Blossom would have at least mentioned something of any friendly relationship that they had with him and his brother.

"And how would you know that?" Buttercup asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms. She was NOT about to let this go so fast. Quickly realizing his mistake, Butch coughed and straightened up the papers that were scattered around the area they were sitting at.

"I heard about it around school," he began, waving his hand as he spoke, "word spreads fast around here, y'know? Like the fact that you were so attached to that blanket of yours when you were five."

Buttercup wasn't buying anything that was coming out of his mouth. From her observations, she wasn't the smartest like her pink eyed sister but she wasn't as ditzy as her blonde sister. I mean, she's sworn enemies with this guy! How could she possibly believe anything her so-called "partner" said. Plus, she was five, it was her favorite blanket as a kid. She wasn't going to be dumb enough and believe anything that came out of his mouth. Buttercup could have been in bed right now, getting 20 more minutes of sleep instead of being here with her currently least favorite person. But no! She was here, at school, because Casanova over decided to make this little arrangement of theirs.

Just as she was about to call him out on knowing personal information about her. The bell rang for passing period. Butch already getting a head start on getting away from her.