Unplugged.

'You're so stupid!' Demi thought to herself. 'You should of never went into Nick's room! He's probably angry at me for breaking the rules.' She sighed. She slapped her forehead mad at herself for doing what she did. She knew she shouldn't have gone in, but she just had to be a good person and comfort Nick. She tried so hard to get these thoughts out of her head. She thought that a glass of water would calm her down.

-

Nick could hear his phone ringing. He got up from his bed and saw that the caller I.D read 'Dad.' He was hesitating whether or not he should pick it up. He didn't know what his dad would say to him after his blow up yesterday. He didn't want to ruin any kind of progress him and his dad have made. He picked up his phone and pressed it against his ear. "Hello."

"Good morning Nicholas." His dad spoke.

Nick sighed. "Dad about yesterday-"

"Nick I'm sorry." Paul said interrupting him. "I probably should of warned you about what I wanted to talk to you. I know talking about your mom is a very sensitive subject."

Nick stood quiet waiting to hear more of what he had to say.

"Nick I love Maria and-"

"And what about mom?!" He asked angrily interrupting him. "You're still married to her you know."

Paul sighed. "Of course I know that. Nick I loved your mother very much. I don't want to let her go either, but it's been five years since her accident and she's had no improvement once so ever. It's too expensive for me to even keep her there another day."

"So what are you saying?"

"Nick I'm unplugging her tonight. You're more than welcome to come, but I'm sorry there's nothing more that we can do."

Nick let out a few tears devastated about what his father just said, but he knew that it was all true. "I understand. I'll be there."

-

Deni could hear talking from outside her bedroom door. She got up from her bed and slightly opened her bedroom door. She saw Taylor, Joe, and Nick talking. She stood at her doorway trying to hear what they were talking about.

"I'm really sorry Nick." Demi heard Taylor say to Nick.

"It's okay. I'll be back later tonight. Don't wait up for me." Nick said to both of them. He walked away passing Demi. Their eyes met, but Nick said nothing. He ignored Demi, walked downstairs, and left.

Demi felt like things weren't right. She knew something was wrong. She wanted to find out what was going on. She walked up to Taylor. "What's going on?"

"Demi please don't worry about it. He told us not to say anything."

"Taylor please just tell me."

Taylor sighed giving in to Demi. "It's about his mom. They're unplugging her."

"Right now?!" She asked shocked.

Taylor nodded his head.

She thought to herself for a minute. "Taylor can you please take me to the hospital?"

"No. Demi don't get involved in his business."

"Too late! Please Taylor just do me this one favor." She begged.

"Fine."

-

Nick's P.O.V.

I was standing outside the hospital for ten minutes dreading to go in. Was this really it? I was still in denial that I was about to lose my mom. The only person that I truly cared about. I finally got enough courage and walked in. I passed by all the receptionist remembering where her room was. Her room was pretty much secluded from the rest of the hospital.

Just by standing in the hallway I can see her by the huge glass window. I can see that my dad standing in the room. I walked in.

-

Paul heard someone walking in and was happy when he turned around and saw Nick. "Nicholas you came."

He slightly smiled. "Well I wanted to be here."

"All the paperwork is filled out and the doctor will be here in a few minutes and after you say you're goodbyes they're going to pull the plug."

"Are you not going to be here?" He asked confused.

"I already said my goodbyes earlier and even though she was my wife, you were more there for her than I was."

Nick nodded his head understanding.

"I'll call you tomorrow." And with that Paul left.

Nick turned his head towards his mother. He hated seeing his mom's lifeless body just lay there. A rush of guilt immediately come over him. During these last few years he hadn't once came and visited her. He was too busy with his work. His mom hated what he had became and knew what he was doing to innocent people. She tried her best to keep him away from that life, but Nick was in a stage where he was mad at the world. He felt guilty for everything. For not visiting her, for being in a gang, and for not appreciating her.

He sat down on the chair that was next to her bed, grabbed a hold of her cold hand, and said what he should of told her a long time ago. "I'm sorry for not being the best son I could be." He said as he let a few tears fall from his eyes. "Just know that none of this was your fault. You didn't raise me that way. I should of listened to you. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

"Excuse me, but it's time." The nurse had told him.

"Right." Nick's eyes were blood shot red. He didn't want to let go. He got up from his seat, bent over and kissed his mom's forehead. "I love you." He whispered.

He slowly walked out of her room. He couldn't take it anymore. He heard the heart machine slowly beeping and then it was dead. He suddenly felt as if he life was now worthless. He felt as if he couldn't breath. His knees falling to the ground. So many emotions coming over him that he couldn't handle.

He felt a pair of arms suddenly wrap around him. He slowly turned his head and looked up and was surprised "D-Demi you're here?"

She nodded her head. She didn't want Nick to go through this alone. She knew he needed someone there for him.

A rush of emotions came over him as Demi just continued to hug him. He didn't say anything and just cried on her shoulder.