# Chapter Fourteen # Part One

Waves
# Chapter Fourteen #
All rights belong to me

#

Cathrine's POV,

The ocean is never still,

whether observing from the beach or a boat.

However, water does not actually travel in waves.

Waves have the potential to travel.

I want that....

To be able to travel free

Waves are most commonly caused by wind.

#StoryOfMyLife

The gravitational pull of the sun and moon on the earth also causes waves.

These waves are or, in other words, tidal waves.

#

At first, it seemed like a good idea to leave but now I'm not sure anymore.

Now that I'm far far away from him...

But I can't turn back now.

Not when I'm already this far.

I have to keep going.

No matter what.

Because,
I have no idea what he would do to me if he caught me.

Would he hurt me?

That's the only thing I could imagine right now.

I just didn't know any better.

#

We were just driving in the car in silence. Nobody said a word about what happened a few hours ago.

Our faces,
Blank.

I don't think we could ever forget what displayed before us back then.

His face,
Oh god is face.

He looked so broken.
So... Not Matt.

He looked like a totally different person.
And no.. Not his wolf either.

#

It all began this morning.
Matt was at work and Kacey and Dane were going to an amusement park today.
They asked if I would like to come with them but refused almost immediately.

That was the best opportunity to get free of them.

I don't want to sound selfish though.

I just don't want them to care any more about me if they ever did.

Maybe this all is a game to them.

I don't know.

I have no idea what's going through their minds and I hate it.

I shut out my wolf a day before so she couldn't come in contact with Matt's wolf. Normally she would have fought back but she let me push her back.

It might be because she was ashamed of me for leaving our mate.

Or it it might be because she wanted to leave signs to Matt's wolf that something was wrong.

But once again I don't know.

I guess I just need to sort myself out,
Become stronger and stable.

I hope that,
With James,
I'll be able to do just that.

James picked me up when I gave him a call on the house phone.

My stuff was packed, James had our new identities and money wasn't a problem anymore.

Simply put, we were ready to go and begin our journey.

I left a note on Matt's bed, explaining why I left and what I am planning on doing in the future. No important details though.

I just hope he wouldn't be too mad....

#

"You were just planning on leaving without discussing it with me?!" He shouted at me with tears streaming down his beautiful face.

I whimpered and looked down.

I didn't want to be in such a situation. That why I left without discussing it.

"Y-yes"

"You are not leaving and that's final!" He said as he grabbed my arm.

"I need to do this. You probably read the note on your bed so you know the reason why. It's not you. It's just me." I tried to explain to him be he wouldn't have it.

"And what do you think'll happen to our bond together if you left me? My wolf whimpers at the thought. And frankly, I do too." He asked, his eyes wanting to find mine and searching for an answer.

"Matt..."

"What is it? I'll do anything. Just stay."

"C-can you... Please .... Wait for me."

#

"It's unfair."

"What is?" James asked curiously.

"Life. "

"You tell me."

"Why did Matt have to be burdened to be my mate?"

"I don't know.-" He said "-I think it's just the way things are.

And we'll just have to deal with it."

I guess so.

Just like we need to deal with the dangers on our path to adventure and freedom.

#

"James... What's that?"

"What?"

"That. On the middle of the road!-" I had said while James continued driving. The blur of black became bigger as we went closer to it. It seemed to be standing still on the middle of the road.

"...James." I said as I turned my head to him with a fearful expression.

"...Yeah?" He said after a minute of silence with the same expression.

"T-that isn't who I think it is, i-is it?"

His expression turned from fear to unreadable in a mere second after another minute of silence.

I felt the car move faster and suddenly feared James had gone insane or yandere.

But that thought quickly vanished. James isn't like that. I might have read too many of those stories.

"Don't worry, I'm just gonna swish past him." James said as I nodded.

This shouldn't be too hard I guess...