Chapter 5

Kate's P.O.V.

I didn't even try to stop the blackness from engulfing me. Instead, I let it take over my body until I felt nothing and heard nothing except for the repeat of what Dr. Grey had said.

"Kate," I heard Christian's worried voice, but I couldn't respond to it.

"Kate," Dr. Grey this time, "can you hear me?" Again I couldn't force my mouth to form any words.

"What's happening," Christian asked the doctor.

"I think that she's going into shock, but I'm afraid that if it doesn't end soon she might go into a temporary coma."

Come on, I thought as I heard Christian trying to hold back a sob. Get out of this for him. I opened my eyes to see Christian and Dr. Grey staring down at me.

"Are you okay," Christian asked me. He was obviously very worried. I nodded my head, and then turned and glared at Dr. Grey.

"What do you mean by you don't think that she's going to make it," I asked him.

"It's been two months already. As a doctor, I have many doubts that when a patient stays in a coma for this long that they just aren't gonna make it," the doctor answered.

"Give it one more week. If she doesn't wake up by then I'll listen to what you have to say. Until then I don't want to listen to another thing that you have to say about her not being able to survive this. Now, I'm tired so I'm going to sleep. Wake me up when it's time for me to check out," I said before turning onto my side and falling asleep.

Miranda's P.O.V.

Heather had come to me and showed me the scene that had played out between Dr. Grey and Kate.

"So what happens now," I asked. "Do I wait one week and then you'll let me wake up in my body?"

"Three days at most," Heather told me.

"Okay, but that better be it," I replied.

"Okay I give you my word that in three days time you'll be back to your human body," Heather promised before she disappeared. One more week and then you'll get to see Kate for good, I told myself silently.

Kate's P.O.V.

"Do you think she'll survive," I whispered to Christian who was lying next to me. Dr. Grey had told us to page a nurse when I woke up so that I could be discharged.

"Of course I think that she'll make it. In fact I'm pretty sure she's just like you a fighter," he whispered back to me. When I'd woken up a little bit before, Christian had told me that we would be staying at his aunt's house.

"We try our best," I told him.

"Are you ready to get out of here and be done with hospitals," Christian asked. The truth was that I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay there to make sure my mom woke up. The doctor had told me that they couldn't let me stay directly in the hospital since I wasn't a patient anymore. That was when Christian had brought up the fact that we wouldn't be too far from the hospital.

"I'll be done with them as soon as my mom's out of here," I told him.

"Don't worry, I have a feeling that she'll be better very soon," he whispered in my ear.

"Okay," I sighed, "go get the nurse and tell her that we're ready for the paperwork."

Five minutes later

It had taken five minutes just to fill out the paperwork. After that I had to fill out a paper thingy that said that if my mom didn't come out of a coma at least in two weeks, the hospital could release her into my care. Come on mom, I thought, wake up.

"You ready to go," Christian asked once I was dressed in Levi's and a shirt.

"Let's stop by my mom's room, and then we can leave," I told him.

"Okay, whatever you want," he replied.

Christian's P.O.V.

We stopped by Kate's mom's hospital room. The nurse who was sitting in the room monitoring Miranda told us that there still hadn't been a change.

"Are you okay," I asked Kate once we were settled into a room at my Aunt Caren's house.

"I honestly don't know right now," she admitted.

"Do you want to talk," I asked.

"I don't know," she said. "I'm tired, hungry, and too stressed for my age." She sounded absolutely exhausted; too exhausted.

"Sit down, I'll be right back," I told her. I walked downstairs to my aunt's kitchen, grabbed some crackers and juice, and went back to the room we were staying in. When I got back Kate was out cold sleeping.