Internment

Berlin

Officers were driving T'Challa, Steve, Sam and Bree in one car, while driving Bucky and Alec in a more secure car.

Bucky and Alec were in cages.

They drove them toward the Berlin department.

Sam looked at T'Challa. "So, you like cats?" 

"Sam," Steve told him.

"What?" Sam asked. "Dude shows up dressed like a cat, and you don't wanna know more?"

Bree looked at T'Challa. "Your suit. A vibranium?"

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations," T'Challa told them. "A mantle passed from warrior to warrior. And now because your friends murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you, as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friends safe from me?"

They didn't answer.

        ✯     

Steve, Sam, Bree and T'Challa were led inside, walking toward Everett K. Ross, Sharon and three guards.

"What's going to happen to them?" Bree asked.

"The same thing that ought to happen to you," Everett told them. "Psychological evaluation and extradition."

"This is Everett Ross, deputy task force commander," Sharon told them.

"What about our lawyer?" Steve asked.

Everett chuckled. "Lawyer, that's funny." He looked at the guards. "See to their weapons are placed in the lock up. Oh, we'll write you a receipt."

The guards took away Steve's suit and his shield, Bree's suit and her staff, and Sam's suit and his wings.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that," Sam told them.

They started to walk away.

Bree looked around uneasily, worriedly.

Bucky and Alec's cages were rolled inside out of the van. They were locked up tight.

Bucky was looking at Bree.

Bree hated seeing him locked away like this, taking a step toward the cages reflexively as if she was doing it without thinking.

Steve stood in her way, holding her back. "Hey. Hey, hey. Not here."

Bucky struggled in his restraints uncomfortably, looking at Bree.

Bree sighed. "Steve..."

"I know," Steve told her. "Hey. I know. You've waited this long to have him back, okay? You can wait a little longer." Bree looked at Steve sadly. "All right? Come on."

Bucky and Bree looked at each other painfully.

Bucky mouthed the words to her. 'I love you.'

Bree smiled a small smile, still sad and hurting to see him like this, but relieved to see him back to himself, mouthing the words back. 'I love you.'

The guards led Bree away with the others.

Alec watched them go in confusion, looking at Bucky, as if seeing them like that was bringing back a few more of his memories.

        ✯     

Flashback - Star Mistress: Captain America