Chapter Four

It's been a couple weeks since Rohan contacted Reshma asking for her number. They have been texting, face timing, and snapchatting with one another nonstop. Rohan finally got the courage to ask Reshma to go on a date. Reshma was excited to finally meet Rohan face to face but kept her date a secret from her parents. Her parents were strict Indian parents, and dating was not acceptable in some Indian families. However, Reshma knew there would be consequences if her parents were to find out, but didn't care furthermore continued to go behind her parent's backs.

Reshma's Point of View

Today is the day, I've been waiting for. Today was the day I would finally get to feel, touch, and smell Rohan. I would finally get to hold his hand, wrap myself up in his arms, and see the man I've slowly fallen for. Nonetheless, my parents who are really strict have no idea I'm going on this date. I lied to my parents saying I'm going out with a good friend of mine, let's hope they don't suspect anything. I finally finished straightening the last piece of my hair, winged my liner, applied some pink lipstick and put my black leather jacket on. Rohan and I decided to meet in the Sears parking lot. My nerves were finally kicking in, as I got in my car and proceeded my way to the mall. Hopefully he was everything I hoped he said he was and much more. I was stopped at a red light, two minutes before entering the mall when I got a text from Rohan saying: "hey I made it to the mall and I can't wait to see your gorgeous face!" My heart was pounding and pounding, while my palms started to get sweaty. The light turned green and I quickly made my way into the Sears parking lot. I saw a black Toyota Corolla parked outside waiting for me. I parked right beside his car and got out my car to meet Rohan. At that moment I laid my eyes on a handsome, built, brown hair, grey eyed boy. We quickly locked eyes with one another, resulting in a moment that felt unreal, a moment that almost felt dream like. A warm smile quickly appeared across my face as I met the guy I've been talking to. He looked just as handsome as he did in his photos. I could tell Rohan was nervous as he proceeded towards me giving me a awkward hug and showing me to his car. We planned on going to a nearby city where there's a beautiful downtown, gorgeous scenery, and yummy restaurants. However, the car ride was fairly awkward, but I decided to break the silence by creating lots of small talk.

Rohan's Point of View

So I finally got around to asking this Reshma girl out. I told some of my friends that I was going on a date, some responded negatively and some positively. After talking to this girl for over a month, I had to meet this girl in person. I couldn't help but shake the feeling that I'd seen this girl before, maybe in a bar, or a sports game, hell maybe I had seen her in my dreams. But this girl was downright gorgeous and I had to find out for myself if this is really what she looked like. So I got all my previous obligations done such as schoolwork, and laundry. Then got ready to go on my first actual date in what seemed like months, even maybe a year or two. Reshma and I had agreed to meet in a parking lot of the mall that she worked at. I got there an hour and a half later and decided to text her to see how far she was, she replied, "I am at the stoplight in front of the mall, I can't wait to finally meet you!" I started to see her as she slowly made her way to a parking spot. And that's when I the nerves started to hit. As Eminem once said, "His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy." The worst were the butterflies, I swear it felt like they were crawling in my belly ready to burst and fly out at any moment. I felt all that and more in anticipation for this girl to come out of her car. She finally gets out and starts to make her way over to my car. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw her in person. She was angelic, a short girl with a small frame, she was wearing a black leather jacket, with a burnt orange top which, I must say she filled out perfectly, and black jeans. At that moment in time nothing else mattered to me. In my eyes, she was perfect, hands down absolutely the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I literally pinched myself to make sure I really wasn't dreaming. "How could a shit-bag like me manage to get a girl this seemingly flawless?" I thought to myself. After what seemed like eternity, she says, "I'm glad to finally meet you, Rohan." We exchange what had to have been the most disturbing and awkward hug ever.