1.) The Crash

Throwin' It Back. Copyright © July 2016. All rights reserved.

Song: Heartbreak Hotel- Elvis Presley

"It's a fifties themed masquerade party. What could possibly go wrong?" Marissa states as she pins my hair. "I mean, it's not like he would know who you are." I let out a sigh, rolling down the bobby socks I got for the party.

"I just don't want to run into him. He hurt me, Mar." She smacks me upside the head, and I glare at her.

"Quit being hung up on him and go to the party! We only live once Michelle, and you know I can't pass up free booze." I giggle, and Marissa smiles at me. I watch as she teases my short blonde hair and places a red bandana around it. She leaves some of my bangs out, curling them so they flip well, and then she curls the ends.

"Now, you are going to walk in there looking like a bad ass fifties chick." I stand up and look at myself in the mirror.

I had on a red poodle skirt, with a red short sleeved buttoned top that made the collar pop around my neck, showing my cleavage. I had on a pair of bobby socks paired with classic black and white shoes. The red lipstick stained on my lips popped well with my gray blue eyes, and my winged eyeliner made them look bigger.

"You are going to make him regret ever hurting you. He's gonna want that booty after tonight." I burst out laughing.

"Not happening. I'm good, remember?" She laughs, shaking her head.

Marissa was known for her sassy comebacks, and dirty comments. She liked to see my face blush from what she said, and even though I hated it, she made my day brighter. She could always make me laugh. Me on the other hand, I was quiet, a little on the shy side, but I could still be funny. When I loved, I loved with all my heart. Maybe that was what went wrong with him.

"Let's go. I wanna get there before all the barbie dolls take the booze and act ditzy when they try flirting with the idiot jocks." We slide on our masks. Mine was red and black, while Marissa's was blue. She had on a blue pin up dress with white flats. She grabbed her keys off my dresser, and we walked down to her white Mercedes. I slipped my phone in the waistband of my skirt, and we headed to the party.

The party house illuminated with bright lights, and fifties music blared from inside. The girls really went all out for this party. Marissa parked her car, and we walked to the front door. She slammed it opened and strutted in. Marissa liked to make big entrances at parties. She felt she needed to create that "dramatic effect".

"Michelle! So glad you could come!" Paisley, the captain of the cheerleaders squealed when she saw me. I gave her a fake smile, glancing around. If she could recognize me, what did that mean if he was here?

"Hi Paisley." I was about to walk away, but she grabbed my arm. I wanted to shake my arm out of her grip and bite her head off, but since people were around, I had to act nice. You would understand sooner or later.

"So, I heard about you and your boyfriend's fight." She fake pouts. "I just wanted to say thank you though, he has been a great help." She deviously smirks.

Okay, so obviously sooner.

My idiot boyfriend, God bless his heart, was dragged into helping Paisley shop for homecoming decorations since they are both captains of their teams. I was okay with it at first, because he was a generous guy. That was the thing I loved about him.

Until all hell broke loose when he "accidentally" kissed her. To say I was hurt was an understatement, but I was more mad than hurt. We were on a little break for right now, and that was the reason I was so nervous at this party. I don't know if I could handle seeing him.

I give her another fake smile. "Good to know. Now let go of my arm before I bash that pretty little face of yours in." She immediately lets go of my arm and glares at me. I walk into the kitchen.

I was never violent, nor did I want to be, but she pushed me to a point where the vicious Michelle wanted to make a special appearance.

I walked to where Marissa was standing. She was sipping a beer as one of the jocks flirted with her, but she ignored him. Props to Marissa, our football team was created of ugly monkeys. Except for him, but I don't feel like reminiscing his cuteness at the moment. She saw me walk in and shot me a sly smile.

"Want one? They are ice cold." She takes another sip, tipping the bottle at me. "Good for the soul." I shake my head, my face scrunching up. She shrugs and we walk out the patio doors, into the backyard. It was more quiet out here, even though some music was playing. The music out here was slow, so a lot of couples were slow dancing.

The one thing I didn't expect to see was Paisley slow dancing with my boyfriend, with her head on his chest. I poked Marissa in the arm, glancing over at the two, and she looked over at them. I can see the anger flashing in her eyes. She looked over at me, grabbed my hand, and walked over to them.

Instead of yelling, she took the beer bottle in her hand and poured it over both of their heads. They jumped apart, and he was about to say something until his eyes landed on me. Everything was silent. Not one person moved.

"Michelle, I-"

"Michelle! Glad you're here." Paisley steps in front of him, holding up her phone. "You might want to see this."

On her phone was a picture of him and her kissing, and all the rumors I heard were true. I glanced at him, tears filling my eyes, and he had regret in his. Instead of bursting out crying, I pulled my fist back, and was going to pummel Paisley's face in, until someone grabbed me and pulled me away.

"Easy, killer." His deep voice whispered in my ear, and I froze before thrashing around in his arms. He finally let go of me, and I turned around to him, slapping him in the face.

"Don't touch me! Don't you ever touch me!" He stared at me shocked, and I ran out the backyard gate. I ran down the sidewalk, and I hears footsteps patting against the sidewalk behind me.

"Michelle, wait!" He hollars, but ignore him and continue running. He continues to call my name, and finally I reach a crossway. Instead of looking both ways, I dash across the road, but I never make it to the other side.

Sharp pain shoots through my whole body, and my vision blots. My head throbs with pain, and I can't move my body. I can hear someone faintly calling my name, but I can't figure out who it is. All I can feel is the heaviness overweighing my mind.

The darkness finally envelopes my vision, and everything goes silent.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hey guys!

This book is a complete different twist on your everyday romance book, so I hope y'all enjoy it.

Get ready to see a new type of world.

This book is entered in the #trailblazers part of the #wattys2016 ! Make sure to spread the word about it!

Thanks for reading!

Much love,

-Abby.