Chapter 1

He was all you ever thought about. On your mind from the minute you wake up, to the minute before you fall asleep. But the only difference was, he didn't even know you existed. You could never get him out of your thoughts, like a carousel of the same suitcase. Even though, you knew deep down that it was impossible to there, to even be a chance that you might be together one day. You still rooted for him. Just something about him, which you liked. Something drew you in, captured you. He was like a human drug. It was him you liked, just him. Only him.

Not being able to sleep really bugs me, especially if it's because of a boy. Tossing and turning for hours on end. Making up stupid scenarios in my head, but in reality it's practically guaranteed not to happen. It basically takes all I have not to check my phone. If I do then I realise that I probably have around 3 hours and 59 minutes until my alarm starts to squawk. Instead, I do what my dad has always told me to do. Take deep breaths and think about nice things AKA the boy I like from my school.

There's probably nothing I hate more than the sound of my alarm on a Monday morning. One of these days, I will probably throw it out my bedroom window. I roll out of my bed, landing on a heap of clothes that I wore the previous day. Man, I feel as if I ran around 30 marathons last night, I am unbelievably tired. No kidding, I was bloody stressing over a boy so far out of my league he's become invisible to me as I am to him.

Half asleep, I stumble out the room. To just make my morning even better, I have to fall on frickin Lego. Damn, don't you just love younger siblings. "HARRY!" I scream, peeling Lego off my feet, "Ellie, what the fuck are you doing up this early" groaned a low voice. I turned round, it was Cameron my older brother. Literally all the girl's in my school fancied him or found him extremely hot, which I really didn't see to be honest. "School" I yawned. "No shit, but you have 2 hours" he mumbled, stepping out his room in a pair of boxers. "Well, Harry left all his Lego out, and it made me slip" I muttered. "What?!" He says, as if he's a deaf 80 year old man. "Doesn't matter" I said. "WHAT?!" He says again. "IT DOESN'T MATTER!" I scream in his face. I get to my feet. Before I know it, I'm on the floor AGAIN. Yay, bravo Ellie, another humiliating performance perfected. "HA! FAIL" Cameron says, crying with laughter. Now he takes over the bathroom. Great.

I ended up being 20 minutes late for school, the teachers weren't happy. They all hate me, because they assume I am exactly like my brother. Who doesn't behave whatsoever. I am quite well known in school. Well by that, I am known as "Cameron's little sister". Cameron is probably one of the most popular guys at my school. So as I said, half of the school has a crush on him, the other half is me and most of the boys. Lol. Lucky for Cameron he has the "good looks" gene. Unlike me, I look like a human potato.

There is only one reason why I bother turning up to school. Two words. Jack Reynolds.

I always think of him. But I don't have the courage to text him. Even if I did, it would be mega awkward and I would most likely make a fool of myself, as per usual.

REASONS WHY IT WOULD BE AWKWARD:

1. He is 1 year older than me
2. He knows Cameron, from football
3. He's hot, I'm not
4. He doesn't know I exist
5. He has a GIRLFRIEND

The day goes so slowly, I begin to believe that someone has pressed a button to make it go in slow motion. After school, I have to walk home by myself. Because half of my friends have netball and the other half live on the other side of town.

I really hate looking like a loner, but today I guess I'll be "the loner". Cameron gets really annoyed if I'm by myself, cause apparently it wrecks his "street cred". So I try and stay out of sight from most people.

I do well at first, until I reach the centre of town. I am walking behind a group of boys from school. They are swearing, laughing, and drinking energy drinks. It's fine until, one of them turns round to put their bottle in the bin. At least, that's what I thought. He booted it up into the air, soaring straight for my face. And, before I could do anything about it. Blood was gushing straight out my nose. I then realised who it was, it was Jordan. Jack's best friend.

Through my hands of blood, I look at the backs of the boys. Trying to identify the others. Then I see that Jack is there too. Fuck. Oh my god, this has to be by far the most embarrassing moment of my life.

Jordan is laughing, but I could see also looked a bit worried. He tells his friends. They all turn round and stare at me. HOW EMBARRASSING! They stop walking and just stand there. I obviously stop too. God, it's so embarrassing. I'm a bloody mess, literally. "Sorry love!" Jordan shouts. Jack nudges him. He begins to jog over,HELP. "Hey look sorry, I didn't mean to hit ya, I was aiming for the bin" Jordan says. "It's okay" I attempted to say, through mouthfuls of blood, ew.

But it actually hurts like hell. "Jack! Mate get over here!" Jordan yells. NO NO NO, I thought. Must of been more than a thought because Jordan looked at me strangely. Jack comes over. "I have to go to rugby, can you help her out?" Jordan says, turning around and walking away. "Uh...sure" he says, running a hand through his touseled hair. HOLY JAMALLAMA HE DOES IT IN SUCH A SEXY WAY!

"He can be a cunt sometimes" he laughs. "Um, yeah" I say awkwardly. "There is public toilets at the end of the road, I'll take you there" he says.

Okay, seriously... Is this actually happening??! I AM WITH JACK REYNOLDS, HOLY CRAP. I feel my cheeks flush red. Not that it would be very noticeable, considering most of my face is coated in blood.

Jack opens the door for me, and follows me in. It's really manky and dark. Jack gets me some tissues, well more like sand paper. I swear I actually scratched my nose, oh my hell. But I get most of the blood off, I think. Although it was really hard to see, cause there wasn't much light and no mirrors. I turn around, he is a leaning against the door playing on his phone. "Is...-" he looks up "-it all off?" I stutter. I slips his phone in his pocket, and comes closer. He takes the tissue from my hand. *OMG WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING, I CAN'T BREATHE* He looks down at me, wipes a speck of blood off my cheek. "Yup" he says flashing a smile. I laugh. "I'm Jack" he says, his icy blue eyes twinkling. He is so close to me, I can feel his warm breath on me. It smells of peppermint, not something disgusting like everyone else. "I know" I say, not thinking. *SHIT, THAT IS CREEP AS FUCK, HE'S GONNA THINK I'M SOME WEIRD CREEPY STALKER*. He looks very confused, but unbelievably cute. "I mean, I have heard of you, my brother has spoke of you" I say embarrassed. "Who's your brother" he says quietly. "Cameron" I say, nervously biting my lip.

I probably made that extremely awkward, great. "Wait, you don't mean-". I nod. "Yeah...Cameron Wilkie...he's my brother".

Jack walks most of the way home with me. But he gets a call from his girlfriend, Elouise. He says he has to go, typical. He is probably like that with every girl he sees with a bleeding nose. Why did I trick myself into thinking that he would actually like me. What the hell was I thinking? Jack has a "perfect" girlfriend. Who is skinny, beautiful, has a nice smile and a cute laugh. What's not to like? Elouise has it all, and what to I have? Horrific figure, man voice, and 0 talent. Who am I kidding, the only guy that'll ever like me is the one I imagine, in my stupid little head.