Chapter 1: Abuse

I ran up the stairs to my bedroom, with my mother running closely behind. One foot after another, I couldn't possibly outrun her. She was obviously too fast.

My fingertips just grazed the doorknob to my bedroom, and I was pulled back by my collar. My mother pulled me to the floor, and stood over top of me, holding a belt.

"You can't leave me here!" She yelled. I smelt the pot and menthols on her breath, along with old whiskey. She raised the belt over her head, and slung it down to my neck. I screamed in pain, and she just smiled. My pain fueled her for more.

"Why can't you just love me?!" I cried out through the beatings. She slowed for a moment, but then just smiled in a serial killer way.

"Because I wanted a beautiful, caring, smart baby girl! You are just a stupid, immature brat that I gave birth to!" She beat me once more, and this time I began to bleed from my upper shoulder. I sobbed, knowing I wouldn't be loved.

My mother stopped in exhaustion. This was my moment. I pushed her off of me, and she fell over onto the wall. She was then knocked unconscious. There was a big hole in the wall where she hit her head. I turned and ran.

I jumped down the stairs, and ran straight to the front door. I opened it, and didn't look back. My father was cursing at me from atop the stairs.

"God, can you ever be like-" I shut the door and cut him off. I didn't care what he had to say. All I wanted to do was run away from here. I turned towards the road, and ran.