Chapter 2: Hunted

Night fell faster than I could even imagine. I wore my hood, trying not to be exposed to the streetlights that hung over my head. I saw a black Cadillac ho back and forth by me. Finally, it slowed down.

I sped up my walking, which soon turned to a fast-paced walk. It followed me, staying closely behind.

I turned around, yelling and waving my hands."Stop following me!"

Suddenly, the headlights hit me, blinding me for a moment or two. It began to speed up, forcing me to fall on my back.

"Amanda Burge?" He poked his head out of the window, and he was HAWT!!

His jawline was absolutely perfect, and he had the right amount of scruff. His eyes were light blue, almost gray, and he had very sharp eye teeth. He kinda looked like a hotter version of Edward from Twilight.

"That's me? Who are you?" I asked. He smiled, just like a football jock would when he was trying to ask out the head cheerleader.

"I'm Nathan. Nathan Cross. And you, miss, are very lucky that I've found you!" He opened the car door, and he just stood there.

Nathan was wearing a gray and mint green silk tank top with jeans and cowboy boots. He is my cowboy! Rope me in!

I tried my best not to stare, but it didn't work. He still outsmarted me. Then, suddenly, there was a flash of lighting, and Nathan fell to the ground. He quivered, then his clothes ripped off. And he had white, majestic wings hanging. And he had a six pack!

"Nathan, what's happening?"

"Traj is gathering his forces. We need to get you back to Manji." He took me by the hand, and led me to his car. I got in with no questions, and we headed more downtown than ever. And I mean DOWNTOWN!