Chapter Two.

CHAPTER TWO

I scream in fear because i know who done it. Noone in district twelve besides me and Gale can use a bow and arrow with such presicion. It must have been him. Before i know it i was thrown to the ground by Peeta, who was again, protecting me. I wish he'd stop doing that. When i realise Peeta had gone outside to face Gale once more, i made a point of grabbing the arrow and following him out. Haymitch was with Gale trying to calm him down. 
"Gale i know you love her but- Hey sweetheart, come to join us?" Haymitch said.
"Haymitch. Go make sure Peeta doesn't come over. I know he's protective." I snarled
"You don't have the authority to order me around. But ill do it. For his sake." He turned to look directly at Peeta. 
"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT GALE? NOT TWO HOURS AGO YOU SAID YOU LOVED ME AND YOU WANTED TO BE WITH ME, AND THEN YOU'RE TRYING TO SHOOT AN ARROW AT MY HEAD." I shouted in a rage. 
"You LOVE him. Every time i make a loving gesture to you, HE ruins it. He ruined your life Catnip."
"Yes." I paused to take in what i had just admitted to. "Yes, i do love him Gale. And a loving gesture is breaking into my home, waking me from my sleep. Trying to kiss me. Nearly KILLING my-" Gale interupted. 
"Your what Katniss. Your boyfriend? Roumer has it you have barely made eye contact since he got HI-jacked." I turned to see Peeta latch onto Haymitch's jacket shourtly beforre Haymitch drags him inside.
"We have. He was the best friend i LOST Gale. I lost you. You had NO trouble leaving me to go to district two. I was JUST getting used to you not being around. Then you turn up and mess things up all over again." I say in a depressed tone.
"You never wanted me. It was him. Always him. You always wanted me there. Just not with you. You-" His voice getting angrier. "YOU USED ME JUST LIKE YOU USED PRIM." He shouted. He grabbed one more arrow and drove it through the door. Firstly i saw the splatter of blood on the door window. Then i saw the blonde hair fall. Peeta. I drove the arrow i still had in my hand right into Gale's stomach. 
" I did not use you, or Prim." I started to cry. "And that, is evidence of why i love Peeta and not you. He has emotion. He has Feelings. And he would never do ANYTHING to hurt me.' Gale fell to the ground. In shock probobly. I didn't care though. I just wanted to get to Peeta, and help him. I sent Haymitch out to tend to Gale whilst i went inside and helped Peeta.

"Okay, strip down." the nurse said to Peeta. He blushed while she proceeded to close the curtain, seperating us. I sat in the waiting area, 30minutes passed and he still wasn't out of the room where i left him. I started pacing and biting my nails like i did when i was younger.
"Catnip?" I turned to see Gale. Whom i had left bleeding to death on the floor. The man i once called my best friend. 
"What Gale?" I said bluntly.
"I'm sorry, i know you can't forgive me. Especially because i brought Prim into it. Have a good life."
What. The. Heck? How can he have such a complete change in attitudes in such a short time. I look at my watch... 6:45am. Damn im tired. I decide to call Peeta's Bakery to let Joah (Peeta's Cousin) know that he will not be coming into work today.
"Peeta's Bakery, how can i help you?" said Joah in his normal, strained voice.
"Joah, its Katniss. Peeta had an accident last night and is currently in hospital, he might not be able to work for a few days."
"Right he's 'Injuried.'" He said tather sarcastically.
"Well bye." i said, I sat back down on the chairs in the waiting room as i waited for Peeta to return. He walks in through the doors of the waiting room and sees me. I race over to him.
"Peeta. Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did everything go well? Are you mad at me? IM SO SORRY!" i said so fast i dont think he registered all of it
"OKAY. I am FINE. Why would i be mad at you Katniss? And why are you even apoligising?" 
"Because i made Gale shoot you with that arrow. And i wouldn't let you come near us."
"Katniss. You didnt make him do anything. It was his free will. Afterwards you STABBED him. He was your best friend for years. But you stabbed him for Me and Prim. i LOVE you for that. Also, if you had let me be near you guys. I would be dead for sure." He said modestly. 
"Okay, lets go. I hate it here." I said, then for some reason we both laughed. Guess it was the lack of sleep.

When we got back to the village. I brought Peeta to my house because i didn't want him to see his house. I made Haymitch clean Peeta's house while he was with me. He was okay with it because he had nothing better to do whilst waiting for the next trains of liqour to come from the Capitol. We got back to my house at 7:30am. We sat infront of my television watching Ceaser's new show. He interviews comically now. I guess he has Peeta to thank for that one. After about 20 minutes of the show, i fall asleep. Peeta carries me to my bed and places me inside of it. Taking off my slippers and tucking me in. 
"I love you" He whispered. He was about to get up and walk out.
"Peeta," I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, "stay with me."
"Always" he said. He climbed into the bed and cuddled up to me so tight it made me feel warm instanty. We slept until 3pm. When we woke, Peeta went downstairs and made something to eat while i showered. My shower still isnt as good as the ones in the Capitol. But its good enough for me. I dried off and put on some clean clothes and headed downstairs. In the hour it had taken me to cleanse and dry off. He had made lamb stew with dried plums, and cheese buns. I could get used to this. The whole day we just sit, watch television, sleep and enjoy eachothers company.
" I have always wanted to learn how to hunt." says Peeta, unexpectidly. 
"Well at least you can learn from the best." We both laugh at my sarcasm.
" Tell you what. If you wake up tomorrow morning. I will take you to my best hunting spot and teach you."
"Sounds like...A date?" Peeta said questioningly
"If you want it to be, then it is." i said taking in what had just happened.Wait did i just agree to a) Take Peeta into the woods and teach him to hunt.  Take him to my best place (The lake) and c) Go on a date with him. Wow this boy has me wrapped around his little finger.

The next morning, i wake relitively exited for going into the woods. I haven't gone into the woods since i went to Peeta's Bakery. Its 5:00am. I extend my arm to rouse Peeta. But he wasn't there. I make my way downstairs. He has made us break fast. Bacon, eggs and toast and of course, cheese buns. After eating we make our way to he mass-grave. Over it, covers grass and dandilions. Beautiful. We arrive at the lake at 7:00am. Mainly because of Peeta's leg and chest. On arrival at the lake, i teach Peeta the proper way to shoot a bow and arrow. Hes pretty good for a beginner. He shoots his first squirrel in the head. Not a clean eye shot. But it was still good.
"Well done Peeta. I wasn't even that good on my first shot!"
"Come on, i wasn't that good. Thankyou." We got very close. After a minute of staring into eachothers eyes. He kisses me. I kiss back.

Me and Peeta stood their for a while. Just thinking about everything. I look out on the water of the lake, There is a slight mist upon the top of it. I dip my forefinger into the water. Its warm. I take off my bag and place it at the bank of the lake.I dive in. Fully clothed. I feel something touch my foot. I gasp and can feel the water begin to fill my lungs. My sight starts to dim. Soon it turns into blackness.This is the end of you Katniss. Your life ends here.

~~

GOOD PLEASE COMMENT TELLING WHAT YOU THOUGHT? PLEASE VOTE?

~BubblesAbernathy