Chapter 94

Never Again: Chapter 94

Iris's POV

I was sitting on my window sill watching the fire that was still burning brightly. I had tried sleeping, but I woke up and couldn't fall back to sleep. The house was quiet, most of the pack was healing, just like Zayn, who was sleeping on my bed at the moment.

The smell of burning flesh was still thick in the air. I was tired and sore but my wolf refused to let me rest. She had just murdered people, lots of them. She wasn't about to fall asleep. My wolf craved the blood that she tasted earlier, it was hard for her to stop killing but miraculously we did.

I shivered, I was naked. I was in too much pain to get up and get clothes on.

Zayn almost died, I didn't know where Liam was, and I could feel Rose's mental pain and fear. I was worried for them, I don't know what happened to Liam. I didn't know anything really. All I know is that there were a lot of deaths, and everyone was going to be haunted from the past few hours.

At least it was over, there was no more Daemons and to my knowledge they were the only ones who wanted to kill us.

I knew Rose and the pack were keeping secrets from me, and that was okay because I'm not sure that I want to know everything. I sighed and opened my window, the fresh smell of burnt flesh hit my face making my wolf whine.

I glanced over at Zayn, he had been sleeping for a while and I was worried. I thought he was going to die earlier, and it made me realize how much of a stranger Zayn is to me. I barely know him. I don't know about his past and I don't know why he decided to be a wolf. He truly was a stranger but I loved him with everything I had.

After about an hour I heard Zayn stir. "Zayn?" I asked as I forced my self to get off the window sill to go over towards. My wolf was weak and she wasn't healing as fast as she should be. Zayn slowly sat up wincing harshly, the only light in the room was from the moon and the blazing fire. "Are you okay?" I asked, sitting down on the bed by him.

He nodded and studied me with hooded eyes. "Are you okay?" Zayn asked me with a staggered breath, it hurt him to talk.

"You almost died Zayn, of course I'm not alright. It made me realize that I know almost nothing about you, and i was so scared of loosing you!" I said, I could feel the tears welling in my eyes as I watch him to struggle to breathe.

"It's okay Iris, I'm alive and I can tell you about my past right now if you'd like." Zayn said soothingly. "What do you want to know?" he asked, closing his eyes slightly. I know he is hurt and tired, but I need this.

"Why did you become a werewolf and why you decided to join Josh's pack?" I said scooting over to Zayn. He looked sad as he played with his hands.

"How about we save that story for another day. Let's just say I had anger issues, my parents didn't care about me, and I was a depressed sadist. I loved inflicting pain on others and my self." Zayn said looking away from me.

"Please tell me Now Zayn," I pleaded.

"It's a lot to handle so brace your self," he said and then he began. "My real parents put me up for adoption when i was little because they didn't have enough money to take care of me and they wanted me to have a good life. But my adoption parents were alcoholic druggies, they didn't give a shit about me, and they basically ignored me. I was lucky to get food occasionally, they only used me for the money they got from the adoption place to by more alcohol and drugs. I was worthless in their eyes, and I felt worthless. I grew up on the streets with the wrong crowd and I would go around and beat the shit out of strangers and kids and anything really. I hated e everything, even my self. When I was 15 I started to cut my self, and I continued to attack strangers. One day I was walking down the street and I saw Josh. I didn't know him but he was watching me. I went over to him, expecting a fight but he knocked me out and when I woke up I was in a field. There, he showed me what he was and told me I could live a life that I deserved. So i agreed and he turned me. But he forgot to mention that every emotion you felt is a thousand times stronger as a wolf. I had anger problems, and I still do. I also still hate my self, so we both have a lot in common. But Josh saved me from the destructive path I was on, and I could never repay him for what he did for me." He explained, and I hugged him tightly, he winced and I let go. I cuddled into his body, wrapping my arm carefully around his sore torso. He didn't speak again, I couldn't find my voice.

Zayn didn't deserve that life, and I hadn't thought of Josh actually saving Zayn's life. I thought Zayn hated what he became, but the truth was that he hated who he was in his past.

Zayn's gentle snoring brought me from my thoughts. I glanced up to him, his lips were parted and his eyes were closed. His chest rose rhythmically, almost hypnotizing me.

I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing what Zayn had just told me, so I got up off the bed carefully so I wouldn't wake him up.

I put on an old shirt from the pile of clothes and shorts so I could go outside.

As I walked out of the house, the smell of burning bodies filled my nose, exciting my wolf even more. The fire still burned, but the boys and hunters had left it to die down. I sat down in front of the fire and I thought about everything.

Each member of the pack has their secrets, even Rose has secrets, just like I do. Deep down inside of me, I know that there was a long road ahead of us but I also know that eventually these secrets that we keep from each other will be revealed.

As the days pass I will eventually open up to my pack, and they will hopefully open up to me.

I know we would one day understand the strangeness of our world but until we do, things remain a question. Like how did Liam come back from the dead? Why is Christian here to help us? What will happen with the rest of the hunters? And how are we going to ever move on from this night of devastation?

These questions racked my brain as I watched the colors of the fire and felt the heat lick my skin, I know the pack and I would be okay.

(A/N: hey guys this is the last chapter of this book. I'm going to update this story when I begin the next book, so watch out for that. Thank you for the reads & votes its really amazing. I never even thought so many people would read this. Thank you again, my best friend wrote this with me and it makes me so proud to say that we actually finished it. LOVE YOU GUYS!!!