Prolouge

Colossal metal spires tore apart the clouds, exposing the glistening moon affixed to the black night sky. Far below, wandering the industrial labyrinth in somber silence, was an oddly-dressed man. He paced the damp, barren roads in vibrant robes as distracting as the buzzing streetlights. His frequent breaths condensed in the the chilled air and he solemnly watched the sky, particularly the myriad of snowflakes, all elegantly falling to the cracked concrete ground in an unrehearsed dance. The sparkling of the diamond dust was heartwarming, and made up for the lacklustre thermal abilities of the man's airy attire. He continued onwards, neglecting the pompous advertising boards and acrid litter before swiftly pausing upon the presence of another.

"Return it to me." The stranger demanded.

The voice appeared to resonate from an alley on the man's right. Cautious and collected, he responded:

"I cannot do that."

Silence. The ghoulish howls of the wind become the only speaking voice until interrupted once more, this time however by footsteps as the stranger moved into view.

"I won't ask again. The stone. Now." He snapped, clenching his fists; they were gloved in black like the rest of his body- barring his amber eyes that blazed with frustration.

"It does not belong to you." The man said, his attention instead directed on the intensifying weather.

Snowflakes no longer fell, but flew to the ground as the moon cowered behind dark clouds.

"Then I'll take it from your cold, lifeless body, old man." He snarled, raising his arm to point defiantly.

As the accuser's hand remained affixed in the bitter air, quiet reigned once more. There was something there though, weak and difficult to hear at first, but still present: a whistle carried by the wind. It's audacity thrived as it approached the two men. It had been approaching for the entirety of their exchange. Now it was almost upon them.

"Kyurem!"

Instantly, the summoned, speeding entity halted, triggering an intense shockwave that rippled through the street, obliterating the glass in the surrounding buildings and streetlights. The beast hovered behind its trainer, allowing the old man to glimpse the man-made monstrosity. It was a sharp-grey draconic creature, well over 10 foot, with icy-white appendages and maniac eyes and a grand tail which was volatile like an engine.

The trainer lowered his arm and commanded it calmly, seemingly appeased by the presence of a powerful ally.

It became clear that the beast was not the dragon of boundaries as its named implied. Instead, it was two legends combined: Kyurem, and the dragon of truth.

"Your brother was unable to keep us from retrieving Reshiram."

Kyurem must have been in full control. The fusion did not flinch or react to its name being said.

"You speak as though it belonged to your organisation in the first place."

The stranger closed his eyes dismissively and paused to take a breath. When he glared again with his amber irises, the man on the receiving end of the stare found himself feeling uncomfortable and vulnerable all of a sudden.

"It's the dragon of truth, is it not? The truth we seek is the elimination of the weak. Nature already supports our cause- we are merely accelerating the inevitable. Now it is time for you to perish, Alcaeus."

The caped figure made a swift hand motion that set the dragon into motion. It began cloaking itself in a misty shroud as blistering flames swelled in its mouth. As it charged it's attack, Alcaeus became frozen in fear. He knew not to deny his fate, but his human instincts caused him to falter. The mismatched-creature opened its jaw an inch wider, which was just enough to allow the fiery energy to escape.

"Die!"

A furious explosion annihilated the street, leaving it littered with small fires. Kyurem returned its hefty weight to the ground, imprinting deeply on the blanket of snow. The cloaked figure lowered his arm covering his face and sneered. The landscape was obliterated. As the smoke and mist began to clear however, he noticed a shadow in the smoke that did not waver or blow away with the wind. Blue light suddenly flashed and the shadow sprung to life like a machine. All that could be seen were its dangerous red eyes before it powerfully stepped closer - Alcaeus at its side.

"That's not possible!"

"But here I am, alive, with Zekrom awakened from its Dark Stone. You claim to be the hierophant of truth, parading around with your atrocity, so you should be able to comprehend this truth... The truth that Zekrom and I will defeat you and undo your work, reviving the idealised state of the world!"

Despite Alcaeus' old age, the strength of his convictions allowed him to battle respectably. He looked to his partner, the legendary Zekrom, and nodded firmly. The black dragon returned his acknowledgement and bared it's fangs to its former self. Alcaeus knew they were at a disadvantage. But he and Zekrom had sparred with his brother and Reshiram for a countless number of times. Both of them knew what moves Kyurem would utilise while it leeched off Reshiram's power. All the while, the parasite would not know any of Zekrom's techniques as it had locked out Reshiram's mind.

"Then so be it." The stranger began. "We will recreate the battle that formed the Unova region right here and now! Truths versus ideals! May the victor's cause reign true and prosperous... And that victor will be me!"