Chapter 1

Link to Silent Love chapter 35 :) Hopefully some of you remember that.

Bruce's picture!

Cover by WetBelle <3

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

"Come on Ebony, you can do this."  I whispered trying to motivate myself. "There is no need to stress and worry. You got the interview and now all you need to do is answer the questions as best as you can and if you can do that, in not time you will be here teaching."

I gazed around my surrounding nervously as I tried to desperately calm myself down. I let out a whoosh of air as I gazed at Crifton primary school from the entrance as if though it was going to eat me up.

After looking around a bit, I tugged on my black pencil skirt and adjusted my red sleeve-less top near my breasts before running a hand through what my best-friend Tahan liked to call it, multi-coloured hair. She called my hair that because my curly mid-back hair which had various natural highlights in it ranged from dark brown to an almost white blond.

I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes shut for a moment before I opened them to find a pretty teenage girl who looked around 17 with long black hair which had a red tint to it and olive coloured skin holding hands with a shaggy haired little boy who slightly resembled her (must be her relative) walking in my direction. My eyes met hers and she gave me a small polite smile. I smiled back at her instantly and nodded, hoping that the worry on my face was not evident.

Letting out a sigh after they had disappeared from my sight, I rolled my shoulders back and forth once before making my way into the school in my black high heels with my head raised. This is it Ebony. You can do this.

********************************************************

Oh my golly gosh I can't do this, I said to myself in my head as If though it was a mantra. My palms were sweating and seemed to remain moist no matter how much I discretely tried to wipe them on my skirt and my right leg repeatedly bobbed up and down as if it were detached from my body and I now had no control over it.

I bit my lip as I stared wide-eyed at the man in front of me who was currently looking through my port-folio. Trying to get a job was so nerve-wrecking.

"Hmm," Mr Chaplin the principal spoke up. "You have done quite a lot of voluntary and charity work for someone of your age."

I nodded my head before realising that he wasn't looking at me. "Y-yes," I said then mentally smacked myself for letting my voice waver so pathetically. I cleared my throat before tilting my head up (for some reason doing this made me feel confident) and said in a more self-assured and relaxed voice. "Yes, I've done a lot of voluntary and charity work. I love to help people out without expecting anything from them in return because I hope one day if I am placed in a helpless situation that someone would do the same for me without expecting anything."

He watched me for a few seconds before nodding his head and saying casually. "Well congratulation Miss Murdoch, you've got the job."

.....

I blinked at him rapidly for a moment as I tried to take in what he had just said. I got the job? Is that what he said?

"Err..." I let out an awkward laugh. "Sorry, could you please repeat that?"

The man who looked to be around the same age as my grandfather smiled at me crookedly and pushed his glasses up as he looked at me with a warm, grandfatherly look in his pale blue eyes. "You got the job dear."