Chapter 2

The pic I had for Ebony back when i first wrote this is gone. I can't find that pic again. So leaving it up to you guys. Send me a pic of who you think best represents Ebony and I'll put the best one up. Thanks :)

Author Update 13/8/19: I will be publishing the completed story on Kindle once i have my other stories edited and put up on there!! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

"Tahan I have to leave! Now!" I shouted to my roommate as I hurriedly looked through my big handbag to make sure that I had everything I needed for my first day at work. Oh the nerves were getting to me real badly.

"Okay! I'm ready!" Tahan came rushing out in her gym clothes. I did a double take when I saw her outfit and gaped at her like a stunned fish.

"What the hell are you wearing?!" I asked her loudly as I looked her up and down. What she was wearing weren't even considered clothes. The baby blue short-shorts she was wearing showcased the bottom of her butt cheeks and the tight singlet she wore ended an inch above her bellybutton, showing off her belly button piercing and to top of this skimpy look she seemed to be going for, her breasts looked like they were about to fall out.

"What?" She asked as she looked down at herself then back up at me. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

My eyes still wide I spluttered for words. "Everything's wrong with what you're wearing Tahan! People are going to think you're a...you're a..."

"Slut?" She raised her eyebrow at me with a hand on her hip.

"Yes," I gave her a serious look. "A slut. That's exactly what they are going to think of you and I don't want to hear people calling my best-friend that."

She rolled her eyes as she leant over the sofa to grab her backpack revealing all sorts of body parts I didn't want to see. "I'm gonna wear a jumper over my singlet and put on track pants. I'll only take them off at the gym."

"And that's going to make a difference? You think people still won't think badly about you?" We stared at each other for a second before I raised my hand up at her to stop her from speaking with a sigh. "Why are you wearing clothes like that anyway?"

When she wouldn't answer I gave her a glare. She crossed her hands across her chest defensively then spoke up. "There's this guy..."

I rolled my eyes exasperatedly. Here's the thing with Tahan that I didn't like one bit. Every time she felt the need to impress someone or has a crush, she dresses up so... skimpily, and you know how society works. People who wear revealing clothes are seen as being easy, desperate and slutty. That was not the image I wanted Tahan to portray or represent. Yes she's insecure when it comes to getting into relationships because she feels that the guy's end up finding someone sexier and smarter than her- her words not mine- but that was definitely not the way to go.

"This is what you are going to do- and don't give me those dirty looks- go back in and change into something more appropriate. How many times do I have to tell you to stop dressing up like that when you want some dudes attention? Think about it for a second. Please. If you dress up like that and he shows interest in you, what does that tell you?" I asked her, my eyes focused on hers intensely. I didn't need to hear the answer from her because her actions spoke very clearly to me.  She looked down at the floor and lightly slumped her shoulders. With a sigh I walked over to her and hugged her.

"Who is this guy anyway?" I then asked her lightly, feeling sort of guilty even though I shouldn't be. Sometimes I felt as if though our relationship was like a mother and daughters. She would end up getting into trouble and doing stupid stuff and I would look like the bad guy for telling her off or stopping her from having 'fun'. "You never told me about any guy."