Chapter 1

Hi! My name is Kylie, Kylie Rogers. And I'm supposed to take over the family business, but I don't want to. And I'll tell you why; my dad and mom kept forcing me to manage the company.
But the thing is I don't want to.
And they don't understand.
I want to still live, like actually living. Like going to places, and meeting people.
I don't want to be stuck in an office doing work.

Cause of it my dad doesn't even have time for the family. He is just interested in his works.

I'll try not to think about it. I mean they're my parents so they would have to understand right?

Again, stop thinking about it too much. I mentally shout at myself. I'll just use my phone.... wait, it's too far. I'm on my bed and my phone is on my table.

Uhg.

Lazily I stood up from my bed and slowly waking to my phone. As I reach out for my phone, I felt it vibrate and flash. That must be Julia.

I walk back to bed, and lay down. Julie's texts most of the time didn't make sense

Like one time she kept texting me about how boxes were square. Doesn't make any sense like at all, but you'll learn to love her.

Now her texts are about how "storm troopers" are terrible at shooting. I can't respond to this cause I'm not really a fan of star wars and I don't watch it. I'll just say

ikr

I don't know how to answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~20 minutes of talking to Julia later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"KYLIE" I hear my mother shout my name from all the way downstairs shouting from their room, I responded by shouting back" yeah I'm coming" as I went downstairs. Nothing in particular caught my attention-either than the glass table not having an actual glass.

i just shrugged it off and went to my parent's room. "Wonder what they'll be saying now" I whisper to myself.

But As soon as I got there, I saw my mother and father sitting down on their bed looking dead serious.

There was awkward silence between us for 1 minute as if my mother and father were thinking of how to say it to me without me freaking out. Then my mother broke the silence saying "kylie, as you know you're the next in line to take over the family business. And we want to talk to you about that". Over reacting I said excitingly "so I don't have to take over the business?"

My father then said "kylie sooner or later you will have to take my place". I got furious and so I shouted back "why do I have to take the burden of spending my half of my life managing our company father? Why me? Can't Lara take that burden?". My Father and Mother were in silence. And before they could say anything I ran to my room.

Few moments I heard knocking on my door I went up to answer the door and saw my favorite butler Alfred.

Alfred was more of a father figure than my dad because; my dad is the owner of a huge company and we rarely talked. And also he doesn't go home much

But my butler Alfred was that one person who I could actually tell anything to. I asked why he knocked in my room and he told me in a calming voice "give your father a chance Kylie... I know he isn't the father that u wanted him to be, but if you give him another chance I'm sure he would be the father you wanted him to be."

I think for a moment, and after a minute of silence I told him "ok sure. I'll give him a chance". Then Alfred told me that dinner is ready and we both went down. Our food was really good yet really grows at the same time. We had that food that was snails.

eww. I got disgusted looking at it before we actually ate it. And I could have sworn I saw one move. I freak out silently and my mom notices me and signals me to eat. I shake my head slowly in disagreement and she looks at me as if she's going to ground me for like a month. And not wanting to be grounded, I eat the food in front of me and I actually like it, but at the same time I don't.

Right after eating I run to the bathroom to brush my teeth just to remove the taste of snail in my mouth. Why would anyone ever count that as food? I think out loud with water still in my mouth.

Bleh- I spit the water from my mouth into the sink with toothpaste and snail meat that was stuck to my mouth. I will never ever eat snail French food ever again. I think I'm going to drink juice while I'm downstairs. I thought to myself

I jog to the kitchen and got orange juice from the fridge.

bzzzzzz. My phone rang while I was still holding out the pitcher of juice.

I quickly put the pitcher on the side of the sink and got my vibrating phone from my pocket.

"Hello?" I hear a familiar voice from the other line. At that moment I knew who it was already. It was my best friend Julia. "HELLO?" she shouts this time startling me making some of the juice fall to the floor. "I'm right here. You don't have to shout" I respond while pouring juice into my glass some more.

"Sorry" she says on the other line

"It's Ok" I respond.

And before I could say anything else she shouted again saying "oh muh gud. Kylie.... let's go shopping"

"ok, stop shouting" I shouted back.

"I'll be there by 10 minutes" She hurriedly said.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi people

I'm Roseredthorns

but u can call me just rosered

or rose  

anways

this is my first book

so. how'd you like it?

any comments?