s e v e n

*not edited*

J a i  P O V

I waited for a response. He seemed a bit shocked, I couldn't tell if it was good or not. He then opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. I was waiting for him to speak, I know persons like him always needed time to progress what's happening. So I took all his differences in. His nose is slightly smaller, he has the finer lineaments, his eyes are bigger and shaped finer and his hair has more waves than mine. All in one, he's beautiful. Of course he's beautiful, I told myself, he looks just like you.

He then nodded carefully and a smile spread on my lips. "That's good, I'll tell you when I'll pick you up". He nodded again, uncomfortably staring at his feet. "So what was your life like till now?" I was curious, more than curious. "It was alright" he said quietly, and dear god if I had known he lied straight into my face.. I didn't know back then, so I asked further questions.

"It's 1am now, you really should go" he told me after a while. I just nodded, I was tired anyways. "Bye I guess" he mumbled and carefully led me to the window. I climbed on the familiar windowsill and looked at him. "Night, sleep well" I said to him and climbed out. He nodded, it was my sign to go. I climbed out and carefully slid down the drainpipe, trying to make no noise. I heard the sound of a window closing and it upset me a bit, it was like he didn't want me there.. Well maybe he really didn't want me there, I'm happy he didn't call the cops straight away. I walked over the fields to my house.

How can I become friends with him? I wanted to be at least friends to make yo for all the years I had missed out on his life, God knows what happened to him. I showered, put on some boxers and went to bed. The next day Luke was already at school, I was deep asleep. I put my clock on for the 4th lesson, so I'd be there early enough. I out on some clothes and a bandana, took my back and drive to school on my bike. I could get food from one of the losers at school, just a look in the eyes and they give me what I want.

So I finally arrived, the uschool yard was already full of people. I got off my bike and slowly shuffled towards the school. I scanned my surroundings in search for Luke, he was nowhere to be seen. Where would a nerd stay? I asked myself, entering the school.

And what I saw made me furious.