Prologue

There are those days when you feel like you're on top of the world.

You can't imagine feeling so low to the point where you want to die.

There are also those times when you're on the brink of sanity and the slightest thing can push you over, causing you to realize that those good days are so rare.

My epic story began with the same thing that destroyed me.

Myself.

When I went to the suicide watch program, I had no idea that I could be saved. I didn't know that there was something there that could get me through those long hours of self hatred and disgust.

I felt like I didn't deserve the help that was being offered.

I felt like people shouldn't waste their time on someone who was just going to take their life anyways.

Things changed when I walked through the cafeteria door on the very first day of being in the program.

That was when I met him.

"You seem to speak with fondness."

I smiled weakly, "It's because I wouldn't be here if it weren't for that experience."

"Who did you meet on your first day there that made such an impact on your life?"

"Oh him... well, his name was Chandler Riggs. He used to help me through the rough days there. I will never forget what he said to me a week after I met him. We were standing on the roof. We both knew that we would get in trouble if anyone found out, but that was the last thing on either of our minds."

"What did he say?"

I smiled at the thought and shook my head.

"It doesn't matter."

The thing was... It did matter.

To me.

A lot.

You can't let the world get to you Em. The world is shit, and if you let it get to you, that means you're accepting that you're world is shit too. The people here don't care whether you live or die. They don't care because as long as you're here, they get paid. As long as they get paid, you don't mean a thing. That means, you're going to have to get out of here with the help of you and you alone. You're going to have to break yourself to get better. Break yourself.

I took this idea from a story I used to have on my main account, but I think it will work better here. Let me know if you guys are interested in reading this. It probably will be about ten to fifteen chapters because I kind of have it planned in my head, and I don't want it to go on forever.

Thanks guys

Luv ya ~Miki