4

"Iris, sweetie, we love you unconditionally and you know that but if you don't tell us why the hell Potter was hovering over me while I ate my God damn breakfast, I think I might just pull out Jenna's hair." Lily spoke in a deadly calm voice  as the four girls walked out of the common room and towards their first lessons. She had been considerably annoyed when James and his friends hadn't immediately left them and that annoyance grew to anger within a short space of time so the girls were forced to evacuate the Great Hall before their fiery red haired friend began hexing Potter into another universe.

Iris obviously felt some guilt because of what had happened though seeing Lily so annoyed and frazzled was admittedly amusing for all of the girls to watch. It was no secret that Lily couldn't stand James because he had been harassing her since their first year, however Lily was oblivious to the obvious affection that James showed towards her every time he did 'harass' her.

Of course all of her friends knew of James' crush on Lily so Iris, Eleanor and Jenna made sure to always tease Lily about it, something the red head did not appreciate.

Iris was surprised though by Sirius because she had never thought he had actually been serious (no pun intended)  when he told her he would make her change her opinions of him, even despite his own words she couldn't find it in her to believe him. Iris could only imagine the stunt he pulled at breakfast wouldn't be the last she would get from Sirius.

"Hey! Leave my hair out of this!" Jenna's loud exclamation caused Iris to snap out of her own thoughts and she chuckled as she half listened to her friends have a mild debate about Jenna's hair. While said debate was going on, Iris wondered if she should be worried about Sirius' new goals to change her and wondered how the girls would react when they found out about said goals.

"Smithy! Wait there!" All four girls stopped talking and walking at the sound of someone shouting Iris' name and she heard Eleanor asking her twin why Sirius Black was calling Iris 'Smithy' to which she heard Jenna reply, 'How the hell am I supposed to know when I know the same amount of details that you know and your details clearly aren't enough to let us both know what's going on because you never pay attention what goes on anyway.'

Iris didn't waste time trying to figure out the confusing language that Jenna often spoke in and instead turned to face the direction the voice had come from where she found Sirius jogging towards her.

"I'll meet you guys later." Iris said to her friends as Sirius stopped in front of her and they all began whispering quietly as Eleanor dragged her uncooperative sister away.

"What are you doing Sirius?" Iris sighed and his devilish smirk appeared on his face as he saw the interest but exasperation in her eyes.

"I'm walking you to Herbology, you do have that now right?" He asked her and began walking, forcing her to walk with him if the conversation was to continue.

"Please don't tell me you've resorted to stalking now Black, you haven't even known me a day." Iris joked and a smile graced his lips, "I have noticed you Smith, you sit at the back next to that dark haired girl, next to the window and in the same isle as me." He said and she was mildly shocked.

"So you're not a stalker, your just an ignorant creep." She said and heard his laughter - which she thought resembled a dogs bark more than actual laughter - echo through the corridors.

"You won't be thinking that for long Smith." He promised but the roll of her eyes as soon as the words left his mouth told him she still didn't think he would live up to his word.

It was just at that time that the pair reached the Herbology room and Iris immediately took her seat besides Eleanor, ignoring the constant questions she fired at her about Sirius for the entire lesson. By the time an hour had passed Iris felt as though Eleanor had asked her every possible type of question about Sirius and honestly couldn't have gotten away from the gardening room quick enough.