How It All Started

How it all started

It was a windy evening in New York. September had started off with rain and low temperatures, but that didn't bother Cameron Dallas at all. The 21 year old boy,well not a boy anymore but a grown man, loved winter. He loved the cold weather, the snow, the rain. He loved everything about New York at this time of the year. He was at his house, working on his new article. He worked as a reporter at a local newspaper. "Cameron, let's go out" his life long friend Alicia, who was visiting him for the time, complained. "Do we really have to?" Cameron sighed. "Yes we do. I've been here for two days and you haven't taken me out at all. I'm leaving tomorrow Cameron, I want to have some fun" she whined out using a high pitched voice, causing him irritation. He hated it when she did it.

"Okay, where do you want to go" he gave in, sitting up from his chair and walking over to the couch to join his needy friend. "I want to go to the  theater" she smiled at him. "The theater? Can't I just take you to a club or something" rolled his eyes at Alicia's idea. "I can do this back in Californua too. I want to go see a play?" she pleaded. "Okay, whatever. What do you want to go see?" he questioned. "Romeo and Juliet" Alicia grinned. Cameron threw his head back. "Are you serious? This is to typical". "So? Its my last night here, I wanna spend it the way I wanna spend it. Please Cameron, it will be over before you know it" she pleaded. Cameron sighed in defeat, he could never say no to his friend anyway.

"Okay, go get ready" he smiled. Alicia squealed in excitement, running upstairs to the guest room, which was her temporary bedroom. Cameron followed her actions, going to get dressed as well. Once he put on some dressy enough clothes he went to knock on Alicia's door. "Ready yet?" he asked. "Almost" she called from inside. Cameron walked back downstairs, grabbing his phone, keys and his wallet. Soon enough Alicia came downstairs too. "Ready to go?" Cameron asked. She nodded, having a huge smile plastered on her face.

They walked out of the house and to Cameron's car. Turning on the engine, Cameron pulled out of the driveway and headed to the theater. Once they reached their destination, Cameron parked the car at the nearest spot available. "Come on, hurry" Alicia motioned for Cameron to walk faster towards the entrance. They walked through the glass doors and towards the front desk. While Alicia was figuring out everything about their seats, Cameron was looking around the place. He remembered when he used to come to that theater with his mother. He smiled at the memories playing in his mind.

"Cameron" Alicia tapped his shoulder. He turned to her with a questioning look, as she nodded her head towards the girl at the front desk. Cameron took out his wallet, paying for the entrance fee. "Thank you, enjoy" the girl behind the desk smiled flirtyly at Cameron. It was nothing unusual though, Cameron would get this kind of looks by almost every woman he would come across any ordinary day. He was a good looking man, he had girls chasing him throughout his whole life. It would get tiring at times, but Cameron didn't really care about all those girls that were physically attracted to him. He wasn't looking for that.
Alicia and him walked in the theater room just in time, as the play was now starting. They quickly took their seats and started watching.

********

"Oh my god, this play was so amazing" Alicia said, whipping a fake tear under her eye, while her and Cameron were walking out of the theater. Although Cameron didn't think the same, he had to admit that the main actress caught his attention. "I've seen it and read it thousands of times, it was nothing new" he shrugged. "Well, I liked it a lot. Especially the main actress. She's so pretty and seemed so nice" she said looking at him. She did look nice and was certainly beautiful. Stunning, actually. Her curly brown hair that fell perfectly down her shoulders and framed her gorgeous face. Her beautiful green eyes that could captivate anyone. She was honestly gorgeous.

Cameron didn't say out loud any of his thoughts. He just nodded in agreement, finding himself wanting to know more about that girl.