The War

Gore Warning: This includes blood and death, if you are not one for those topics please do not read this. 

Aaron's POV

I ran through the forest, my heart pumping while I searched for the enemy. Zane. I ran, my footsteps growing louder as I stepped on more twigs, showing everyone around me where I was. My sword was sheathed but I kept running. The enemy's team was strong but unprepared.

"Y/N! WHERE ARE YOU!" I screamed, turning to find a masked person in a black suit, the mask had a wicked and twisted face.  They dissolved and what stood in their place put me into amazement. It was Y/N standing before me, a white and golden dress rested on her shoulders. I stopped in my place, watching her. She was smiling and she even seemed to be shining, was she Irene herself? I stood normally and looked around. Y/N still stood smiling and holding out her hand for me to accept.

"Come on, let us get out while we can." She said, her normal voice was soft and silky but this voice sounded loud and ragged, as if it wasn't used often. It was even deeper than normal.

"What is wrong with your voice?" I asked, looking at her strangely, she coughed a little bit, her shining light dying down. Her dress was fading into a dark color as if she was turning into a nightmare. Her usua H/C hair turned black as night, her eyes becoming red, and a wicked and crazy grin showed on her face.

"Don't you miss her?" Her voice had become shaken, the white and golden dress now a fuchsia. Her hair became a brown to where it was almost black, teal aqua eyes shining at me.

"L-Lily." I whispered, immediately recognizing my deceased wife. "W-What's going on? Wh-Where is Y/N?" I asked, knowing this was an illusion. The figure playing Lily and Y/N started to laugh and I glanced behind myself, seeing what she was laughing at.

"HYAAAAA!" The demonic form yelled, attempting to leap onto me but I grabbed my now unsheathed sword, blocking his blow. He managed to balance himself on my sword. 

"What in Irene's name?" I asked in amazement, not the average person can balance on a sword, even as thick as my own. 

His black blade rested on mine, chipping the edges of it. I grabbed the other side of my sword and pushed up with all the force I could get. This sent the demonic form up and off guard. He forgot to block himself giving me the perfect chance to blow at him. Instead of ending his pain now I let him fall until I was able to kick him in his stomach, which I did, and it sent him back, into hitting a tree. He hissed in pain, his white soulless eyes glinting at me, his literal black skin and black hair matched perfectly. He started laughing at me and I turned to see a body, bloody and motionless on the ground. I turned to it fully, still holding my sword in hand. I heard footsteps and raised my sword, smashing the non bladed side onto his head, knocking him out cold.

"Y/N!" I ran over to the lifeless body looked closer. Some sort of magicks wrapped around it, black as night, and lifted it. I watched as the body fell back down, that same wicked and twisted mask on the face of the human, cracked and shattered. "Where is she?" I ask, getting up and running to anywhere I could. I noticed Laurance's shadow knight form, his sword locked against Zenix's sword. Zenix laughing, his pupils shaking as they tried to bring themself back to sanity. 

Forgetting everything around me, I ran towards his direction, Zenix's back facing me. I didn't slow until I came to a random hault, digging my sword deep into his back, the sound of his body retracting and reacting to the immediate pain played in my ears, but this is exactly how it felt to lose everything and everyone you love. I'm not even sure if Y/N is alive. I kept pushing my sword until it went all the way through his left side of his chest, thrusting through his heart. I pulled my sword out, letting him collapse onto the ground, dead. Laurance looked at me, his red eyes replaying the horror repeatedly. 

"COME ON, WE HAVE TO GO!" I growled, grabbing him and pulling him with me.

"Where are we going?" He asks.

"We have to find Y/N and Aphmau." I reply.  "If they are dead we both know it will hurt many people, emotionally and physically." 

"Right." He said and raced off, looking for Y/N and Aphmau as I instructed. I went to opposite way and noticed the demonic presence but heard blood curdling screams. I immediately recognized them as Y/N's. I heard another one, it had a whimper included into it. 

I ran towards the screams and saw what could never be unseen. A black and chipped sword smashing down onto a tan neck. The grown woman with black hair and hazel eyes face was stuck in a terrified state. Her head was disconnected from the rest of her body, blood leaking out of the neck and mouth.

"APHMAU! A-APHMAU NO!" Y/N's screams were heard and I noticed she was tied to a tree nearby. I quickly pulled off my mask so I could see a little better and ran to Y/N's protection. Zane was already there by the time I started running. He pulled up the sword and forcefully pushed it down. It started to aim for her neck as she screamed, her E/C eyes filled with tears as they poured down her face.

"Y/N! STOP IT!" I yelled but it was too late as I stood right beside them.

SHINK

Her beautiful form was ruined as her own blood coated over her, her head fell lifeless to the ground also.

"I see you've come to join my party once again, eh?" He asks, laughing loudly. He raised his bloody black sword once more, just for it to be cut off by my own sword.

"You've killed the people I love once and now twice. You've taken Lily, my children, and my village. Now you've take Y/N and Aphmau too? I don't think so." I growled. 

I leapt towards him, catching him off guard. I sliced his wrist with my sword, making him let go of his own sword to which I kicked away. I continued to cut any place I could until I reached his neck. I put the tip to his neck and slowly pushed down, not cringing or flinching at the terrible sounds that came out of his mouth. When I noticed the sounds stopped I pulled my sword away, now covered in the demonic's  blood. 

"It was about time." I huffed and turned to find Laurance standing there, his eyes bright red. He pushed me down and growled at me.

"You-You killed them! You killed them all!" He started laughing, tears pouring out of his eyes. 

"Laurance stop!" A british and deep voice spoke. Laurance pinned me down while I tried to flip him over but his grip was strong.

"He killed them Garroth! He killed Y/N and Aphmau!" Laurance started laughing again. He was shaking and bleeding. His set his blood red sword to my neck. "T-Time to say goodbye!" He called and started laughing more, pulling his sword up and started launching it down. My time slowed as I tried to move my sword fast enough to block the hit. 

Too late.

SHINK

My vision blacked quickly with the grinning face of Laurance.