Prolouge

I clutched the duffel bag closer to my chest as the limousine slowly inched forward as if it was mocking me in a way. My heart was pounding against my chest like crazy and I looked back to my old, sleeping house. Sure, it looked like it was going to collapse any second but it had good memories. I'm going to miss Jon and Rex more than anything; and even though I'm mad at Dad for gambling me away, I will miss him.

I mean, I somewhat understand where this is coming from seeing that we are already a bit of a broken family since Mom died. Dad broke down right away and my brothers loudly voiced their grieving. I had to be silent and take care of them. Dad got deep into gambling because he lost his job in the process of gambling and had to pay the bills somehow. I guess he ran out of money, therefore I am now here.

I heard things about this family, the Faux's, from Jon and Rex. One of them are in his grade, I believe his name is Sebastian. See, I wouldn't know seeing that I'm homeschooled. Apparently Sebastian is a jerk, which is great. But his sisters are kind- hopefully I cross paths with them more often.

The limo rolled up and I got in silently, I felt Dad's eyes on me from a window. I rolled down the window and waved before the car drove off.

No one was in the dark car with me so I leaned against the seat and released a sharp, pained breath. When did my life get so complicated?