chapter six

PINPRICKED FINGERTIPS.

Jeongguk is not used to waking up in his own bed with another laying beside him, but he certainly thinks he can get used to it.

She is already awake, sitting up with crossed legs, bent over her phone that she balances in one hand, her other used to prop her chin up on her knee. He wonders how she can appear so effortlessly gorgeous doing something that simple, his sweater swallowing her smaller frame, pooled in a sea of black cotton in her lap. Jeongguk stretches with his eyes screwed tightly shut, making a pleasant groan that cracks into something a little higher as a bone in his spine pops satisfyingly, and she perks up at the movement just in time for him to loop an arm around her waist and pull her back down into the duvet with a squeak. He presses his face into her hair, moaning while nuzzling deep into the strands, inhaling her delicious lavender shampoo.

"Good morning to you too, Jeon," She murmurs, throwing a leg over his hip for leverage to pull herself closer. Her cellphone becomes lost somewhere in between them, her hands instead curling around the back of his neck, carding through his hair, massaging his scalp and he suddenly wishes to never leave this bed or her arms.

"Guhdmfning," Jeongguk mumbles back into her hair, and she draws back so that she can see his still waking face, squinting against the golden light that cuts through the curtains and spills onto her body. With the tip of his index finger, he traces the lilac under of her eyes, only slightly puffy. "How are you feeling?"

"Better, mostly because you didn't run for the hills this time," She grins, and he hides his face in her neck again, ashamed of his past actions. She chuckles, combing his hair with light brushes of her delicate fingertips. "Aw, don't be like that, Jeon. You know I'm only joking."

"Well if it's any compensation," He replies, warm breath clouding on her throat, making the skin there rise into tiny mountains of buzzing nerves. "I'm liking this so far, waking up to you."

"Oh god," She groans, releasing him then and covering her face dramatically. "What are we doing to each other? Why are we so damn cheesy? I swear, if we are like this for the rest of our lives, everyone will hate us. Make it stop."

Jeongguk retreats from her neck at that, curling his fingers around her wrists and prying her palms away from her eyes, staring at her lips. "Make it stop?"

"Make it stop."

"You sure?"

"Absolutely."

She blinks a few times, only just regaining enough focus to discover his devilish grin, the dark glint in his eyes that has her heart flipping. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

Then, he is cradling her jaw and kissing her.

It is no ordinary kiss, not feeling like it had in the past with numerous other girls who were not his destined. They were nice, sure, but it was nothing like this. It is the kind of kiss that shouts I have been waiting so long to do this again, that feels like fireworks setting off in his chest, sweet vanilla on his tongue in a taste that he can only ever associate with her. The sillage, the sharing of sensations makes it all the more intense, fire blazing beneath skin, lips tingling with the identical touch that has all rational thought dispelled. Her hesitation is brief before she is pleasantly relenting, resting her fingers on his throat while he slips his arms around her waist, hands travelling beneath the soft cotton of the sweater to rake up her spine, nails finding home in her shoulder blades as if he wishes to bury himself in her very skin. He belongs there, within her, a part of her. Every inch of her body shapes perfectly to his own, moulding together beneath golden light to form one sole entity of passion, connected in the invisible ties of sillage, in a blooming redamancy that has her parting her mouth, allowing him access to angle his chin just right so that he can kiss her in full, mind blowing potential. It is messy and beautiful, young love at its very finest, and neither of them can get enough of it.