Happiness

What is happiness. Is it the smile you wear in public even though your life is falling apart. It's a mask we pick up everyday and perfectly carved to deceive and hide true emotion. The tears mixed with screams In your lovely home will never be known by those outside. The fact that a little girl is crying parents are yelling and older teen gone somewhere may never be seen. He's out with friends you say when anyone asks where's he run off to the mask making your words believable with every lie that spills from the painted on lips. The truth is you haven't see him for days his mask lay shattered like the love this family once had. They had a first daughter at one point which may be hard to believe but she's been gone along time she just upped and sold her happiness for twenty second love. From a boy who didn't know her name. They wouldn't know her if they saw  her on the streets because they special candy made age she changed her name to run from her wicked past to only wind up in this trap life it steps on her toes there's no place for her on the road. Her tears leak out on the street yet their mask hides their defeat. Two kids missing one hides in silence but there a perfect family is what everyone knows the mask hides the fact that their perfectly imperfect but that's just how the story goes.