[CHAPTER 8]

The Call

The Call

[ ✰ ]

ALLISON WAS MOURNING her aunt when she got the call—the one call she could never prefer herself for, the one call that inexplicably changed her life, the one call that stopped her world.

"Allison—I don't know what to do! She got into an accident, Skye got into an accident."

With those words, she had left the house without so much as a breeze. She heard but barely registered her mom shouting her name from the kitchen as she watched her daughter dart down the stairs and out the door without even shutting it behind her; she didn't have time to stop.

"I think she's going to die."

Allison didn't worry about the sweatpants and old gymnastics t-shirt that she wore; they were raggedy but they would do. In her rush to get to the hospital, she didn't worry about the hair falling out of her ponytail because of her weak hair tie or the mascara that had smeared under her eyes from the tears. She didn't worry about the hole in her sock by the toe or the ratty sneakers she threw on in a rush and she didn't worry about the arm she banged on the doorframe of her room. She didn't worry about herself in that moment because the McCall twins could possibly become a McCall, and it hurt too much to think of losing one of her best friends.    

"They think she's going to die, Allison, and I don't know what to do."          

So Allison Argent didn't stop to worry. She threw her car door open, tripped into the car, and jammed the key into the ignition before closing the door and letting her fear take over. She trembled as she backed out of the driveway and onto the roads that led her to the accident and its aftermath.

In her frantic state, she hadn't even completely registered what had happened, but she knew that if she wasted any time, everything would break apart again.

"I don't know what to do without her—she's my other half."

[ ✰ ]

[EDITED] AUGUST 31, 2017

rip i'm supposed to be getting ready for school but here i am editing again