one

3rd POV:

Harry's brow wrinkled in confusion when he saw what off ramp they were taking. "Nige, isn't this the wrong one?" he called up to the front of the bus, setting his phone down on the table next to him and sitting up to look out the window of the bus. It was headed into a town called Belfour. Nigel waved a hand in his direction,

"Slight detour, boys. Won't take long." Harry's brow wrinkled deeper as he looked around at the other boys. Zayn was asleep, Louis was on the phone with Eleanor, Liam was working on a 300 piece puzzle and Niall was rummaging in the kitchen. What a surprise. Harry picked up his phone, unlocking it and touching the twitter app he typed a new tweet: 'slight detour? I am suspicious.'

It wasn't until they'd parked on the side of the street that Harry began to actually get suspicious. Where the hell were they, anyway? The only place that made sense was the park. He glanced out the window again, taking in the playground and swing sets, the tennis courts beyond those and then the massive baseball field.

Nope. It still didn't make any sense.

"C'mon boys, time to stretch those legs of yours." Paul said, opening the door and stepping out, ushering them outside.

"But my puzzle!" Liam pouted, pocketing his phone and following him out.

"Can I at least bring my crisps?" Niall asked with his mouth full, holding up the bag of Doritos. Harry jumped out of the bus, landing rather crookedly on the pavement. They had been driving for about 5 hours straight.

The boys followed Paul and they made their way towards the field. The curly haired boy was growing impatient. He caught Louis' sleeve, whispering, "Lou, do you know what we're doing here?" Louis, who had said goodbye to his girlfriend when he'd noticed they'd stopped driving, was giddy as a kid on Halloween. He shrugged, fidgeting excitedly as they walked.

"Don't even care, Haz. I'm just glad to be out. Though, it is a bit strange. Nobody said anything about a concert. And Niall didn't bring his guitar. He can't very well play music with a bag of Doritos." The older boy frowned and Harry rolled his eyes, striding to get in the front of the group. They neared the field and he noticed that there was a game currently going on. Players were scattered all over the field, mitts in hand, ready to move any second the ball came within range.

He also noticed that Paul was watching the game quite closely. Now why...the pitcher threw the ball, it went flying towards the batter so fast he was sure if he blinked he would have missed it. The batter swung, the bat connecting with the ball perfectly. He heard the metallic cling from where he was and stopped walking to watch the ball go soaring out of the park. Then his eyes were back on the batter, who was already on 2nd base, and wasn't stopping for anyone.

As they reached the far end of the fence Harry found himself choking on his own spit; realizing with a jolt as he watched the batter running, that it was in fact a girl. And she was fast. He watched as she came into home, sliding on her side and making it just in time, promptly being mobbed by the rest of her team. He resisted the urge to rub his eyes and then thought better of it, reaching up and vigorously rubbing at his eyes. Paul let out a whoop, jumping up and down with his hands in the air.

It was the first time any of the boys had seen him smile that big and there had to be a very good reason for it.

"That was a spot on hit," Niall commented, crumbs falling out of his mouth as he spoke, hand digging around in the bag of chips.

"How did he do that? The ball was going so fast!" Louis' eyes were wide with excitement, watching every move on the field.

"It's a she," Zayn observed calmly, leaning against the fence, his hazel eyes fixed on the girl.