Chapter Twenty-one

"Pregnancy hormones." Emmett mumbles as me and Rebecca hug each other and cry. "Shut up ass-hat." me and her snap and he raises his hands in surrender backing away. "My baby's pregnant too?" mom asks excitedly and everybody gives her a bored look. "I'll go check on dinner." Emmett mumbles and walks to the kitchen with the kids following him. "Don't let them near the stove this time." I call to him worriedly. "That happened once and it was not my fault!" he yells back defensively and everybody looks at me confused. I sniff and wipe my eyes. "Irina had a power problem that day and he let her near the stove like we normally do and her power went out of control and lit the entire stove on fire and blew up the kitchen. We had to stay in a hotel as it was getting fixed." I say. 

                             "Why didn't we know of this?" mom asks and I shrug. "I figured it would be best to not tell you. You'll probably block her powers too." I say and everybody winces at my jab. I turn on my heels and stomp to the bathroom and wipe off my face taking off all the makeup. "You shouldn't have thrown that at her." Rebecca says softly standing next to me and getting her makeup fixed. "I don't want her doing what she did to me to Irina. I can't even reach my other sides. Irina can. I don't want Irina to feel empty like I do every day. One mistake and my mother will get her blocked and all she did was accidentally blow up the kitchen because her powers skyrocketed once." I say. "I understand but don't be to hard on her. When you were little you couldn't control your powers at all. She blocked them to protect her, yourself, and everybody else in the world. You were five and almost killed a little girl Iris. Understand her reasoning." 

                           "I do understand her reasoning Becky. But Irina hasn't harmed anyone. She can control it. Mom will think one little mishap will change all that. Irina doesn't deserve to feel empty like I've been forced to feel. She can feel all of her beings and her powers make her feel whole. She feels like she can be anything and achieve anything because of them. You take that away from her and goddess knows how she'll turn out to be without them. She'd go crazy. Stop talking. Stop eating. Hell she'll probably commit suicide eventually because the feeling is so strong. Her powers is all she is Becks." "Don't worry Iris. Your moms not gonna do anything. She'll have to have an actual reason for doing that." She smiles reassuringly at me and pulls me out of the bathroom.  

                          "Dinner just got done." Emmett says smiling at me when I walked into the kitchen. I pale. "What is that smell?" I ask. "It's your favorite family gathering meal." he says frowning. "It's not much my favorite right now." I say slamming a hand over my mouth and darting towards the nearest bathroom and hurling into the toilet. "Don't you hate the puking part?" Rebecca asks rubbing my back chuckling. "You haven't even started puking." I snap. "I have. A week ago. I just thought I was sick because me and Max have used condoms every time." she says softly. I hurl again. "So have you guys gotten married yet?" she asks grinning and I shake my head. "No. We've got it all planned out but we were waiting for you guys to come back so Max can be his best man and you can be my maid of honor and a brides maid." I say. "Who's all the brides maids?" "You, my mom, and Irina. Chase is the ring bearer." 

                        "What about a flower girl?" "I don't want or need one. Their will already be white roses laying on the ground but iris's in vases on tables. We're getting married in the woods and i'll be a barefoot bride. If I give birth to another girl then she'll be the flower girl and we'll have to wait another two years before marrying but we don't really care if we marry or not. As long as we're together we're good." "So romantic and cute." she coos as I brush my teeth with the spare toothpaste and toothbrush in here. I chuckle. "That's how we role." I say around the toothbrush and she bursts into laughter. I rinse my mouth and we leave the bathroom talking about the wedding. "Talking about the wedding again I see." Emmett says when we go back into the kitchen. I smile at him. 

                        "Can you handle the smell?" he asks worriedly. "I can handle the smell. Eating it not so much. I'm so sorry." I say with tears in my eyes. "Don't cry. It's okay. The rest of us can eat it. I can make you something else. It's not a problem at all. I love you and you're carrying my pup so i'll do anything for you." he says hurriedly kissing all over my face between some words. I smile sniffing. "You're the best fiance ever." I say hugging him tight and he chuckles. "I love you too." he says relieved. "As long as you don't cry we're good. If you cry i'll have to throw you on the train tracks." he says and I laugh. "I just want some tomato soup and a grilled cheese. Please." I say pouting at him. "Anything you want baby." he says kissing my lips. "Freshness." he says grinning and I roll my eyes and slap him in the back of the head and walk off. 

                           "How you feeling?" dad asks. "Handling the smell. Emmett's gonna make me something else real quick and then we can get to eating." I say. I hear something shatter and Irina screams "Daddy did it!" "What?! No I didn't!" Emmett yells back and I go in there to see Emmett cleaning up the cookies off the floor as well as the cookie jar. Irina points at Emmett and Emmett points at Irina. Chase just walks up to me and held his arms up and when I pick him up I automatically know who did it. "Irina stay out of the cookie jaw before dinner." I say and she glares at Chase. "Tattle tail!" she yells. "Irina." I snap and she snaps her mouth closed. "You shouldn't have let her near the cookies knowing that she's not allowed to have any before dinner." I say glaring at Emmett. "I was finding the soup in the pantry and getting things out of the cabinets and fridge! I didn't notice she got onto the counter and was trying to grab it." Emmett says defensively.