45 seconds in "heaven"

45 Seconds in "Heaven"

Drake's POV

I missed hanging out with Jay during breaks, even if it meant me sitting on my bed jamming out and him sitting at the desk, his head buried in homework. He was always talking Rosie during breaks. Or when he sits down to do homework, she comes upstairs just to drag him out like her little puppy. I shivered.

I don't remember why I suggested he ask her out. She was the least favorite of all my friends. But I knew she adored him, and he needed experience. I guess I didn't expect him to actually ask her. Part of me wanted him to say "No, she's not my type," or even better, "No, I'd rather be with you." But maybe some girl time will be good for him. I can't be his only friend, anyway.

I just hoped she'd let him talk. Rosie was one of those girls who never stops talking-every waking minute of the day she has something to throw out into the conversation, even if it's completely unrelated to what the conversation was about. Nobody talks as much as she does. I'm glad I don't talk a lot around Jay-he needs breathing time. She also has a tendency to lead guys on and then break them. It's something our circle of friends has seen and accepted. But if Rosie breaks his heart, I think I might lose all sanity.

I was going to take Jay to a party on Monday... Tomorrow. Yes, a school night, but it's okay because we have Tuesday off for teacher work day. Supposedly it was going to be a fan-freaking-tastic party with a whole bunch of people around the area. When I mentioned the word "party" to Jay though, he kinda froze. I reassured him it wouldn't be a drag like the first one he went to.

"Jay, sit in the back with me," she said, smirking. I rolled my eyes and smiled, and she noticed and flicked my ear after sliding into the back seat behind the driver's. Jay sat next to her, wearing the hoodie that he had brought to the park but never had to put on. He caught my eye, smiled and waved at me, and I looked away and turned the car on before he could notice I was smiling like crazy just as a reaction to his own smile.

"I've missed hanging out with you guys," I said as I started pulling out. "What do you guys do on breaks, anyway? Make out in Rosie's dorm?" Jay shifted in his seat, uncomfortable, and Rosie flicked my ear harder this time, glaring at me. I smiled, looking back at them through the front mirror, and told them I was kidding. The mood lightened a bit after that and Rosie and Jay talked the whole way there. Well, Rosie mostly, but Jay added to the conversation too. I resisted joining in so often that I ended up turning up the music so I couldn't hear them anymore-they complained, but they started laughing when I turned Kesha on and began freaking out like a fangirl.

"You're so gay!" Rosie was cracking up.

She laughed because I was acting like my idiot self and I laughed along because it was so true. I was so gay. I even went to the length of opening the window and screaming "I'M GAY" out into the world. Rosie and I were cracking up, because she had known I was gay for awhile now. She enjoyed making fun of me for it. Jay was smiling, but he had an expression on his face that I just couldn't read.

"Welp we're here!" I announced, parking on the street already lined with at least a dozen cars. Jay seemed to have forgotten about the whole gay thing because he jumped right out of the car and headed towards the front door behind me. Rosie clung to his arm.

Jay's POV

It was the most crowded house I've ever been in, and I couldn't find one junior-well maybe there were some juniors, but even the juniors were huge kids. Rosie was clinging to my arm the whole time. I liked the company, but at the same time I couldn't even move anywhere. We lost Drake almost immediately after entering through the door, and he left winking at me and glancing between Rosie and I, as if to suggest that we have "fun." I shuddered at the thought, actually. I mean, Rosie was nice and all, but I couldn't imagine doing anything sexual with her, and I felt bad that it gave me the creeps. The one time she let go of my arm was to grab a handful of cheese balls to stuff her mouth with. I still feel guilty about this, but I used the free window of time to walk around the middle level of the house to find Drake, and to gain the feeling in my arm back.

I was turning the corner, thinking I might have seen Drake, but I was grabbed by the arm by some tall, blonde dude. He pulled-er, more like dragged- me over to a bunch of giggling girls sitting on a leather couch. "Alright," he said smirking, "Now we've got an equal amount of boys and girls."

He still had a hold of my arm, because we both knew I would've run away if he wasn't using his strength against me. I stared at him in horror as he said "Seven Minutes in Heaven." I gulped and slowly folded my legs so I was sitting on the floor. I suddenly felt nauseated and leaned my back against the couch behind me. One of the girls leaned her face down next to mine and smiled. She asked me what my name was, and I was about to choke out a whisper when I felt a hard slap on my back.

The blonde guy said "You're up," smirked, and span the bottle again. I sighed-this situation wasn't exactly foreign to me. That didn't make it any easier though. Once again, when the bottle stopped, I followed the tip of the bottle to the person it landed on. It was the girl next to the one who asked me for my name. They both giggled and whispered things to each other, looking at me in between words, but were interrupted when the girl next to her pushed her forward off the couch. I stood up grimacing, and painfully made my way to the closet. The girl who was about my height giggled uncontrollably and closed the door, locking it. She gasped unecessarily at the darkness in the closet.

Her figure lurked towards me, but I was already backed up in the corner, hoping that she'd take the whole seven minutes to find me-well, it only took a couple seconds to realize I was hiding from her.. Damn. She kept laughing and murmured over and over "You're hot," and that's when I realized she was definitely drunk. I sighed, and then jumped when I felt hands on my face. Then they began to slight down my body and I gasped and grabbed her wrists. She didn't take that well. In fact, she pulled free and slapped me across the face, then pushed me against the wall, and I hit my head. Ow.

It had only been about 45 seconds, but the door swung open, and Rosie looked between me and the drunk girl who was still giggling, and shot me a death glare after slapping the girl across the face. She grabbed my wrist and yanked me out of the closet, causing the group by the couch to explode in laughter. But let me tell you-if there's one person you don't want to see mad, it's Rosie.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

I also like gummy worms.

and gummy bears.