Not A Normal Love Story

New story time yay! This is an idea that I have had for a long time now and I decided to give it a shot and see what all you lovely readers think of it! Rate, message comment let me know what you all think! Thanks lovies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

  "Isn't it just the most beautiful ring you have ever seen?!" My mother gushed for about the millionth time. I mumbled something under my breath and got up to get a glass of orange juice from the kitchen. From behind me I could still hear my mother on the phone with another one of her friends squealing about her upcoming wedding. It's not like I'm not happy for her, I am Charlie is a nice enough guy and they have been together for a couple of years now. It's just weird to be thinking of her married again, to someone whose not my Dad.

  My parents divorced three years ago when I was fifteen. I guess the divorce was a long time coming but my siblings and I didn't have a clue. Dad had cheated on Mom for a while I guess and when she found out, she left him. Dad got custody over my brother and sister and mom some how landed with me. I guess my brother didn't want to be separated from Dad so that made it easier for him to get custody. I try not to think about the divorce as much as I can. It still rubs the wrong way. I havent seen my siblings or my Dad since the day they left town, and that was about two years ago. Moms been with Charlie ever since, even moved us in with him about a year ago.

  Just as Mom was hanging up the phone the front door opened, and Charlies son came through the door. Mom jumped up and immediately set her eyes on him. Poor guy never saw it coming.

  "Adam look! Your Dad finally proposed!" She flashed her ring in his face smiling. Adam stared at the ring and offered her a little smile. He looked exhausted, and I could tell he must have been at the college library all night. Smiling, I shook my head and walked around the corner to stand next to my mom.

  "He's Jeremy right now Ma. Might wanna learn to tell the difference if you're marrying his Dad" I chuckled when my moms face turned bright red and she started apologising. See, Adam isn't exactly youre normal twenty year old. He was in a car accident when he was thirteen. It killed his mom and left him with multiple personality disorder. He was born Adam Ackers, but sometimes he goes by Jeremy. Their personalities are so different I don't really understand how I seem to be one of the few people who can tell the difference between the two of them. For example, Adam would never step foot in a library, where as Jeremy loves them.

  "I'm so sorry Jeremy, I guess Katie is going to have to teach me her trick on telling you two apart" My mom continued to apologise.

  "It's a gift what can I say" I shrugged turning and walking to my room, leaving poor Jeremy to listen to my mom. My room is to the right of the living room, right next to the bathroom and across the hall from Adams room. My room use to be the storage room but after Mom and I moved in Charlie and Adam had to move everything to the basement. Needless to say no one goes down there now. Closing my door I flopped onto my bed and picked up the phone on my nightstand hitting redial. A few seconds later my best friend Abby was picking up the phone.

  "Yellow, this is Abby" her voice sounded bored.

  "Jeez don't sound so excited its only your best friend calling" I teased. Instantly she perked up.

  "Heeey Katie! Hows your super hot room-mate?" She asked, referring to Adam. Abby has always thought Adam was hot. Its not like hes unattractive. Anyone with eyesight could see that Adam was blessed with very good looks. He has these piercing hazel eyes, and usually I'm not attracted to guys with dreads, but boy he pulls them off. And it's not entirely not possible that I had a crush on him. But he doesn't know I exist. Well, Jeremy does, Jeremy is so sweet in comparison to Adam. Adam, is more of a loner type; he's nice and sociable when he has to be. But most of the time he would prefer to be in his room playing his guitar, or playing video games. Sometimes I've seen him out in the yard or around the house fixing things. Jeremy though, Jeremy is social. He loves talking to people and he's kinda a teacher's pet. He's the one that gets the good grades for the both of them. He even tutors a little eight year old boy named Daniel. I don't think Adam really cares for school and grades all that much.