15

*Kaiyo's POV*

"Hey Kai!" I heard a familiar voice behind me and saw Makoto standing there smiling.

"Hi Makoto" I replied.

"Do you wanna walk home together? Haru had to leave early!" He asked blushing a bit.

"Oh yeah sure!" I smiled cheekily.

We walked slowly to our house and he waved at me when he dropped me off. Do I miss him? All the time.

I shook my head from my thoughts and walked into my house seeing my mom eating something on the ground. She smiled at me and patted the seat next to me.

"How was school?" She asked passing me a bowl of rice.

"It was okay. Makoto walked me home today" I replied taking a bite.

"He did?" She said surprised.

I smiled and nodded closing my eyes.

"Well your father and I have to go on a very big trip to North America. We have lessons on medicine and practice there so we'll be gone for a quite a while" she said.

My eyes widened as I looked confused at her.

"How long?" I asked.

"About a month I suppose" she sighed. "I'm worried to leave you here but I know you don't wanna move so-"

"Mom I can take care of myself" I chuckled reassuring her.

"Well alright but no boys and your only allowed to have friends over!" She said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah yeah I know" I replied waving my hand.

"We're leaving tomorrow morning so we probably won't see you when you leave for school" she sighed getting all teary eyed.

"Mom it's okay,  I'll call you and email don't worry about me so much that's amazing that you get to go to America!" I said hugging her shoulders as I walked into the kitchen with my bowl.

I set it down in the sink and grabbed my swim bag so I could go off to practice. I ran towards the swimming pool seeing everyone enter. Rin waved me over and smiled kindly. Everyone was in their swimsuits ready to be timed for today's tryout. Some black haired kid with bright turquoise eyes looked me up and down.

"Kaiyo, I want you to meet my friend Sousuke" Rin smiled introducing me to the tall and beautiful, yet intimidating guy.

I shook his hand and introduced myself back fixing my school outfit. I felt like I was dying of heat right now even though it was quite cool inside the swimming pool area. 

"Nice to meet you! Are you here for the tryout too?" I asked shrugging my shoulders closing my eyes giving him another smile.

"Yes" he replied in a monotone voice.

My shoulders and expression dropped and I nodded confidently.

"I'm sure you'll do great today!" I said trying to stay positive.

He gave me a small smile and pulled on his goggles getting ready to dive into the pool.

"Alright everyone ready?" Rin asked the group of boys waiting for the whistle. 

I grabbed a watch so I could time the other two on the left side. 

"Good luck guys, stay strong!" I said encouragingly. 

They all nodded and got in stance. Rin blew the whistle and I started the time as they dived into the pool with no worries. I cheered them on keeping my eye on the watch as one of them came back quickly. I stopped the timer and saw the other kid finishing close behind him with only a couple seconds. I clapped and patted their wet shoulders congratulating them. 

"Nice job boys! Way to pull through" I smiled.

They had hearts around their heads and chuckled dumbly. Rin growled at them as they scurried into the changing room.

"What did Sousuke get?" I asked peeping over at Rin's clipboard.

"29.12 seconds" he replied nodding confidently at the raven haired boy.

"What holy moly! That's amazing! You should be an Olympic swimmer!"I said with stars in my eyes. 

Rin rolled his eyes as I watched Sousuke dry off his hair throwing the towel on the bench.

"Thanks" he replied coldly walking into the dressing room.

I pouted and sighed sitting down on the bench playing with my fingers nervously. I was questioning who was gonna make the team. I looked down at the floor and kicked at it a bit. 

"Come on Kaiyo, I'm calling everyone's name on the team in the meeting room!" Rin shouted at me waving me over.

I nodded and jumped up running over to him. I sat down in the seat and placed my hands on my lap. 

"Alright we have here... Sousuke, Mamotarou..." Rin continued by my mind wandered over to Sousuke who looked calm about his position on the team.

"And of course Rin Matsuoka, myself, team captain, and Kaiyo Hamano as the co-captain" Rin nodded smiling down at me finally catching my attention.

Everyone clapped and some looked a little disappointed. I hated making decisions and that's why I made Rin make all of them. I sighed and stood up holding my hands together in front of me.

"Thank you everyone who came out to try out today! It was a joy meeting you and don't forget to try out next year! I believe in every single one of you! Let's all have a great year alright?!" I said as cheerfully as possible as my hair bounced behind my shoulders.

"T-thank you Ms. Kaiyo, we will just for you!" all the non-members said raising their hands to their foreheads and bowing in front of me with hearts swinging around their heads. 

I giggled and bowed to them back as they all filed out except for the new team.

"We will have a meeting tomorrow afternoon so don't be late, 4:00 sharp!" Rin cleared his throat. 

Everyone nodded and smiled walking outside chattering about whatever. Sousuke and I were the last ones out and I blushed madly when he looked me up and down. I don't know why I was blushing in the first place, I had no being too. I chased after Rin grabbing my bag on the bench giving him a reassuring smile.

"Nice pep talk in there! I don't know why everyone likes you so much!" He teased wrapping his arm around me. 

I rolled my eyes and poked at his stomach playfully giggling. I don't have anything to worry about.