He's Back...?

"You've changed over the last few weeks Rosalind." Will spits at me.

"What makes you say that?" I try to say cooly.

Over the past few weeks I had been sticking to my promise I made David that night in the pub, and some days I'd meet up with him, or he'd come to the concert grounds to see me... William had no idea about my meetings, and he had no idea David was even back in Brixton...!

"You've been happier." Will croaks.

"Will, you make that sound like a bad thing! You've been gone quite some time, maybe you've just forgotten about me." I laugh.

Will would continue to go on business trips, leaving me and the boys here.

"Ros, I'd never forget you... Something, or someone, is making you happier." He concludes. "Bowie's back, isn't he."

"William, stop, you're just-" He cuts me off.

"No Ros, I'm right, aren't I?! He's back!" He seemed paranoid...!

"Jesus Christ Will, as soon as I seem happy you instantly think I'm seeing David again! He's been gone for 8 years! What makes you think he'll come back?!"

But he is back Ros...

"He'll come back for you, and Ziggy! And I won't let you near him!" He bellows back.

"You've never wanted Ziggy... David is not here!" I scream back.

"Then why are you suddenly happy?!"

"Wow..." I mutter. "Isn't it funny that you only realise I'm happy now, it's only taken you 8 years to see I've been like this the whole time."

Have you? Have you really been this happy for the past 8 years?

"No, I did notice, but I know that you're always going to be happier with him. If you had the choice between me and Bowie, you'd choose him." Will sounds defeated.

Maybe I would...

"Well, it's a good thing he's not here then, isn't it." The lying was unbearable...!

This was the first proper argument me and William had ever had in the 8 years we had been married... Was David's return the start of the end of my marriage?!

I'm lying to my husband!

I had to run away from this feud, I give Will one last glance and grab my denim jacket and I'm out of that house before you could say Bowie...

I began walking, and I knew exactly where I wanted to go...

***

"Larry, pour me anything, anything alcoholic." I order at him and he instantly starts pouring me a pint. I sit down at my usual bar stool and notice there's barely anyone here, for a split second I wonder how Larry has kept this pub open for so long with such little amount of customers.

"Well, well, well." He says surprised to see me and passes the drink across the bar. "When was the last time you were in here lass?"

A while ago, last month... With David.

In the past 10 years, Larry looked much older then he was, obviously - that's what time does to you. Wrinkles creased his forehead. His hair turning a rainy cloud grey, he was ageing, just like everyone else in this world... Including me and David.

"I've got two kids, Larry. It's hard for a woman like me to get out the house." I gulp down the drink, wipe my mouth and order another by raising my hand that held the glass.

"You manage to see David a lot..." He says cheekily and I glare back.

Larry starts to pour the next: "I still can't believe you're a very successful woman. Your own business!"

"You sound surprised at that fact Larry?" I wink at him and practically inhale the second drink.

"Who doesn't know your name, Ros? All celebrities want to be on your stages!"

"Not all celebrities." I say coldly.

"How are things with David?" He asks and slides my third pint across the bar.

"Careful, Larry! Someone might hear you!" I hush him. "He wants to see Ziggy again, he hasn't seen him since he was born! I almost wonder if that's all he wants - my son." I roll my eyes.

Larry knew everything that had happened, in some ways, Larry was like another father figure to me. "No lass, he's back for a reason. He wants Ziggy and you to be in his life, forever. He wants to make you happy again."

"What, so he can hurt me, again?" I say bitterly and ask for my next pint.

"Go and see him, don't drown your sorrows here lass. It won't help." Larry places his crinkled, cracked hand over mine and smiles encouragingly to me.

"I'll go once I have my next pint." Larry pours another.

I finish my pint and nod to him. "I don't know where he lives though."

"Here," Larry reaches into his pocket and hands me a dirty piece of paper with an address on. "David's new place here in Brixton."

I look down at the paper, it was David's squiggled handwriting. "How'd you-"

"David knew you'd come in here sometime this week almost like-"

"-Like he knew I'd have an argument with Will." I spit twisting the words of what Larry was about to say.

"No Ros... Anyways, he's been back more than a month, it's about time you knew where he lives!" Larry giggles girlishly.

"Me and Will have never had an argument, and now that David's back on the scene I'm suddenly fighting like cat and dog with my husband." I roll my eyes angrily.

"Maybe because William is realising he doesn't have control over you, maybe he realised you're happier since David's back." Larry says trying to give me hope.

"Will doesn't know David's back yet, not for sure anyway. He suspects, but..." I mutter worriedly.

"Lass, he will soon enough."

I look at the piece of paper again and sigh. "Ok, I'll go there now..." I hop down from the stool and smile at Larry. "Thank you."

He nods, winks then says: "No trouble, lass."

I walk out, and pull my denim jacket closer to my chest and feel the drink starting to take affect on me.

Stay focused Ros... You have to find David's house...

I started to giggle to myself, there was no chance I'd find it!

I started skipping, laughing harder, people in Brixton stared at me like I was on drugs.

***

After what felt like hours of walking and going into supermarkets and getting bottles of wine to drink, I finally found David's house. I knocked twice, and leaned against the door.

The door flew open and I stumble into David's arms, the empty bottles of wine roll around on the floor next to me and I'm amazed they don't smash.

"Ros? How'd you-"

"Larry." I slur then laugh.

He drags me into the house and lies me down on the sofa as I begin babbling, David just looks at me with a worried face.

"What's happened?" He says so softly it suddenly makes me feel sober.

"We had a fight." I reply just as quiet.

"What about?" He knew exactly who I was talking about.

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and felt the alcohol begin to consume me.

"You..." I whisper then finally, I pass out.