Chapter one

The first thing I noticed was the cold draft on my bare feet. I tried moving my arms but they stayed against my body overlapping each other. My legs refused to move as well.
     I was terrified to open my eyes and see what was In front of me. Maybe it was all a dream. Maybe I'm in the small cabin in bed with Amanda in the kitchen making breakfast like the last two days of being here. Maybe I'm nowhere at all.
     I slowly opened one eye to see where I was  then I opened the next. At first all I could see was a blur. Gray was smeared everywhere and no lines seemed to formed. I closed my eyes and opened them again, then I did it again but more forcefully. The lines and shades of gray soon found their place and I could finally make out what I was seeing. Bars.
     Jail bars covered everything in front of me. I started panicking and looked down to see my arms and legs tied up. My minds started to  rush back and forth.
    This isn't real. This is a dream. A terrible dream. A nightmare.
     I slid myself up higher against the wall. Everything around me was a dark shade of gray. I turned my head back to the bars in front of me trying to figure out what was on the other side. To my surprise another cell was with a walkway in between. A white blob was laying on the ground in the other cell. It was a girl looking up at the ceiling.
     I wanted to say something to her. To ask where I was. To ask if this is real. But when I tried to speak a whimper came out. I felt a hot tear fall down my cheek and land in the corner of my mouth.
     I started to hear footsteps walk toward me. My mouth hung open and body sat shaking as a shadow looked into my cell and turned to yell something.
     "She's awake."
     The man turns to look at the girl in the other cell. I could hear hear him curse something under his breath and open the cell door. The girl didn't move as he bent down next to her and flipped her over.
     "Take 43 of the list, she's gone."