Chapter 8

As I sat there in Dylan's arms, I recapped how amazing that night had been so far. I had been shopping for awesomeness, but then Dylan texted and I got taken out on this amazing date. The beach was beautiful and at that point in time I was sitting next to him with his arms around me.  We sat there for a while until he let go of me and stood up. "Wait here," he said, "I've got an idea."

               He ran through the sand back to his car. He walked back towards me, trailing something behind him. When he was closer, I saw that he had a boombox and an extension cord trailing back to his car. He smiled and said, "Hey, could you help me pack this stuff up before I turn this on?" Sure." He put the food back into the basket as I folded the blanket. Once we were done, he hit a button and music swelled from the speakers. "La do da da. La de de de do. La do do do do do do." I stared at him. "Is something wrong?" he asked. I stood up and looked at him. "Hanna?" he asked, "do I need to turn it off." I turned around. "When Rome's in ruins, we are the lion, free of the colosseums!" He smiled and stood up too. "In poison places, we are anti-venom, we're the beginning of the end." We started dancing around in the sand, not really caring. Most girls would have wanted to slow dance on the beach with nice pretty music playing. Nope. We were dancing around like idiots, screaming Fall Out Boy lyrics at each other. "We will teach you how to make boys next door out of assholes." I grinned. This was the best. I ran into the water, enjoying the water spraying up as I danced. Dylan soon joined me. "We are....wild. We are like young volcanoes. We are.....wild. Americana, exotica." He grabbed my hand and whispered in my ear, "Do you wanna feel a little beautiful baby?" As the music started to fade out, he pulled me into a hug. "I don't think I will ever be able to say this enough. I like you. Really really like you," he said. "I don't," I said. He grabbed my shoulders and held me away at arm's length, disappointment obvious on his face. Despite him pushing me away, I hugged him. He started to try to push me away again. I couldn't have that. "I love you." His hold around me loosened, so I looked up at him. He had the most gorgeous smile ever. "I love you, too," he said. I smiled back at him. Then, as the song ended, our lips collided.

 Then, as the song ended, our lips collided