Holly the Hunter

A.N. Update 2/2 enjoy 😊 also if you don't like animals being hunted skip this chapter. This is the only chapter that will contain hunting.

Holly's POV
I knew that Dan and Phil had put Phil's outburst behind them. They were both happy again but I knew eventually Dan would have to go back to work. It's not fair. He's doing everything for us. Even things that we could easily do ourselves but Dan says he doesn't mind and that he needs the money. No. I'm not going to stand for this any more. I need a way for him to get money without having to work for long hours every day... After a while, I decided I'd go hunting. I'd hunt for wild deer and pheasants and other animals and I'd sell them and get money for Dan and his family. I had to tell Phil, this was the perfect idea!

Phil's POV
I woke up, expecting to be in Dan's bed with his strong arms around me but instead I was alone, in my room. I wondered how I got here, did I imagine the whole thing? Did I sleepwalk? I had to snap out of my thoughts, however, when I heard a knock on my door.
"Come in," I shouted. I then saw Dan, he was clearly working. That explains why he wasn't with me when I woke up. But how did I end up in my bed?
"Is there anything I can do for you, Your Majesty?" I could tell he was scared of how I'd react to being called that name, but I didn't care about that any more. It isn't Dan's choice what he calls me when he's working so I'm going to have to stop being selfish and learn to accept the name. I did have one request, though,
"Actually, Dan, please could you tell me how I got here? I thought I was with you?" Dan laughed and told me that when he woke up this morning, he carried me into my room and tucked me back in. At first I was shocked at the fact Dan had carried me and I wasn't too heavy. He told me I was quite light but I still don't understand how he'd be able to carry me. After he explained everything I said,
"Thank you, Dan. That'll be all for now." I gave him a wide smile and he returned the smile and left. Before he could close the door though, Holly came running in. Dan asked her if she wanted anything and she kindly declined. Dan walked to the throne room where Jennifer, one of the maids had asked him to go.
"What do you want, Holly? It's still pretty early." I chuckled
"I know but I have an idea to help Dan get money for his grandma." She seemed very excited and I know that she's good with plans
"I'm listening." I prompted Holly to carry on.
"I'm going to go hunting and sell the things I catch to people, all the money I make I'll give to Dan. He needs it more than I do." This actually wasn't a bad idea.
"Don't tell him though, if he asks where the money came from, just tell him that it's his wages for working here." I nodded in agreement. Holly turned on her heel and walked out.

*Time skip*

Holly's POV
It was time. I'm going to get my best friend the money he deserves. I put on my large coat and a hat, in hopes to disguise myself. I looked in the mirror and saw that I looked pretty disguised. I told my mum I'm going to Lorna's house, Lorna was another friend of mine. My mum told me this was ok and with that, I was out the door. I ventured over to the forest and started waiting for animals. After about 10 minutes, I saw some reddish fur. It took me a minute to recognise that it was a fox. I took aim with a gun that I had packed in my bag and shot the fox. I felt awful but I didn't feel as bad when I reminded myself why I was doing this. After a while of hunting, I noticed a figure next to me. She had brown hair and large glasses. It didn't take long for her to notice me as well.
"Hi." She said to me, "I'm Caitlin, Caitlin Howell. What's yours?" She held out her hand to shake it. I was about to tell her my name when I realised something. Caitlin Howell? I became suspicious of this girl, could she possibly be related to Dan? She did look a lot like him. I realised I had been staring her for a solid minute and snapped out of my thoughts,
"I'm Holly Lester." I took her hand and shook it. She showed no reaction which implies that she was oblivious to the fact I was a princess. I was going to make casual conversation but there was one question that kept bugging me. Eventually I just blurted out,
"Do you, in any way, know someone called Dan Howell?" I asked. She looked shocked and I covered my mouth. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to blurt that out-" she cut me off,
"It's fine. Yes, Dan Howell is my brother." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Dan had a sister and he didn't even know! What should I do now? I need to tell him. I have a feeling he'll probably take this news well, I mean, there's someone else to provide for his grandma now and help him. Caitlin raised an eyebrow at me.
"Do you know him?" She asked.
"Yes, he's one of my best friends. We get along really well and he's good friends with my brother." I didn't tell her who my brother was or the fact that he was dating Dan as I didn't know how she'd react. Then, she asked me a heartbreaking question,
"That's great! I'm guessing you know my parents then as well. How are they? I've not seen them in years! Do they talk about me often? Are they excited to see me? I've been travelling around the world looking for work, you see, so I've not been able to keep in touch with any of my family because of all the messed up time zones. I've missed them so much! I've bought them all sorts."
Someone had to tell her, and that someone, unfortunately, was me. I took a deep breath in...