Tale of the Dog and the Wolf

(A/N cover artist unknown 

wow so angst-y

So fluffy

So gay)

Sirius Orion Black was many things. He was handsome, to start off with, a player, a good friend, a total prankster, every teacher’s nightmare, and if you were to ask his family, a terrible son.  What no one knew, however, was that he was also in love with a boy. Not just any boy but one who had always been rather special to him. It was a skinny, brown-haired, brown-eyed, not to mention very intelligent, werewolf, who just so happened to be one of his best friends.

It was not like Sirius had wanted to fall in love with one of his best friends, it was very inconvenient to say the least. The reason for this being that he couldn’t possibly tell him. No, telling him would be a terrible idea. What if he said no? What if he ruined their friendship? This left him in a dubious state of constant anxiety. 

On the other side of this problem was Remus John Lupin. The young Gryffindor was completely unaware of the, for lack of a better word, crush his best friend had on him. But the problem was that it was more than just a mere crush. If only it had been a crush then he would have been over it in no time, but this was not the case. The only thing Sirius could think about was Remus. He thought about the way his hair fell in his eyes when he was doing his homework, bent over the table in the Gryffindor common room, too focused on the actual task at hand to notice it and brush it away. He thought about how we would roll his beautiful brown eyes and shake his head, rather endearingly than out of annoyance as everyone around them seemed to think, whenever either James or Sirius himself made a silly pun or even an innuendo. He thought about how the corners of his lips curled upwards into a content smile when they reminded him that he really was their friend and they needed him.

Remus had always had a low self-esteem. This was probably due to his monthly problem that even made him go as far as to believe that he wasn’t good enough for the Marauders. The opposite was true. The infamous Marauders wouldn’t survive a day without Remus Lupin. He was the one who would stop them from fighting, cared for them and looked after them. Maybe that was exactly what made Sirius fall for him. He had never had anyone really care for him and did it feel amazing.

No matter how brave Sirius was, he was a coward when it came to love. Love, even the word made him cringe inwardly, yet it was exactly the right word for it. Love. Dumb, sickening, old fashioned love. Although he had never expected to feel this way, and didn’t necessarily like it, there was undeniable truth that he did not only love him but was also completely head over heels in love with him. It made him strangely insecure, a feeling that he had never ever thought he would even be capable of, and very unlike him.

James Potter, too invested with his pranks, didn’t seem to notice his best friend’s strange and uncharacteristic behaviour, and if he did, he didn’t let it on. Peter Pettigrew had noticed how Sirius, more and more often, would mess up his words when they were with the four of them, but couldn’t quite put two and two together.  Remus, however, had started to worry about his black haired friend. He had taken notice of how Sirius would never quite look him in the eye anymore, and how he would nearly jump out of his skin when Remus were to put a hand on his shoulder. He wasn’t sure what he had done to cause these reactions but he felt guilty nonetheless. He was scared that he had done anything to offend him, even though he couldn’t figure out what.

Remus had tried confronting Sirius but the outcome had been anything but favourable. As soon as Remus cornered him in their dormitory area on a Saturday morning when James had gone to Quidditch practice and had dragged Peter along with him, he managed to abscond out of the room in less than five seconds even though he was still in his pyjamas, leaving Remus on his own and very agitated. Five attempts, and a lot of angry yelling and even crying, later he was still unsuccessful. He just couldn’t understand what was going through that head of his and he couldn’t stand it.

The sixth time he managed to get the Animagus on his own was on a Thursday afternoon. James had Head Boy duties and Peter was snacking out in the kitchens. Sirius had been sitting on his bed, genuinely trying to study for the upcoming Transfiguration test. Well, that was until Remus walked in. His first reaction had been to flee but the werewolf, having foreseen that reaction, slammed his back against the door and leaned against it with crossed arms.

‘No, you sit your butt back down, Sirius Orion Black.’ He nearly growled as he pointed a finger in his direction. Sirius blinked in surprise and cleared his throat uncomfortably.

‘Remus what do you-‘

‘No.’ He was cut off before even being able to finish the sentence. ‘You’re going to listen to me first.’ Remus narrowed his eyes dangerously as he stepped forward till he was right in front of the black haired male. ‘We have been friends for over six years and we hardly even fought! And now-’ He took a deep breath to steady his voice. ‘And now you just keep avoiding me and I don’t know what I’ve done but please just…’ Despite his attempts to keep calm, his voice quivered. ‘Please just tell me what to do to make it up with you.’ Sirius outwardly flinched at the pain radiating through his voice.

‘Remus it’s not-‘He stopped himself to move a hand through his thick hair and closed his eyes. ‘Ugh, I’m not good with this.’ Instead he decided to let his actions speak for him instead and took a hold of the boy’s tie and sharply tugged him towards him. He stumbled forward and fell on top of Sirius who immediately smashed his lips into those of the other.  

The kiss was awkward as their noses were pressed together to a point that was almost painful and their teeth kept bashing. Remus pulled back a bit.

‘Wow, you’re bad at this.’ He taunted but his tone was light and he smiled. ‘I don’t know why all the girls are fawning over you.’

‘Shut up.’ Sirius grumbled. ‘Let me try again.’ He gently placed a hand on the back of his neck and leaned forward. Their lips barely brushed and he felt Remus’ hot breath tickle his face.

‘Don’t mess it up this time.’ Remus snickered before his lips were once again captivated by Sirius’. Not more than five seconds later the door was thrown open.

‘Walk into the club like whaddup I- Woaaah!’ They broke the kiss and turned to look at James who was staring at them with a look that consisted of half shock, half amusement. ‘I could say I hadn’t seen this coming but I would be lying, but keep in mind kids.’ He waggled a finger in their direction as he started to back out of the room. ‘Safe sex and clean up after you’re done.’ He fled the room with Sirius running out after him, shouting profanities and threats along the way.

(A/N wow did i just write a thing without swearing and also not smut call the newspapers its a motherfcuking miracle

also: this was supposed to be finished last week for my wattpad anniversary but school likes to fuck me over so thats why its so late.

hope you enjoyed it)