21

We stop suddenly in a huge field. I think the truck has broken down or something, this can't be the right place. We can't just stay in an empty field. That's crazy. But an alien invasion is pretty crazy too. "We're here," says Adrian. Cara must be thinking the same thing as me, because she says," You have got to be kidding me." "Nope, this this the place. It is different on the inside," Adrian tells her.

Cara, Charity, and I follow Adrian out of the truck. He stops at a tree and picks up a tarp that I honestly could not see. It is covered in grass and dirt. Under the tarp, there is a trapdoor. He opens it and motions us to go inside. We climb down a ladder that takes us to a small empty room far beneath the surface. There is a steel door preventing us to go any further. Adrian joins us and types a pass code into a box. The door does not open, however another box lights up. Adrian puts his thumb in the box and the door opens.

We are greeted by Eleanor, the creepy woman from the first "safe" neighborhood. "Welcome to the organization. We live to stop the extraterrestrial beings that now inhabit our planet. Come, let us help you." I don't trust her. I never have, and I don't think I ever will. It does make sense, Jake wanted to know about her. Jake was, and still is, an alien.

We follow Eleanor through a long hallway. We stop at the double doors at the end of the hallway, and she asks us if we are hungry. She opens the doors to reveal a huge dining hall filled with people wearing purple jumpsuits. I notice that there is no one over the age of about twenty other than Eleanor. Why is that? And more importantly, what is this place really? It can't be safe, right?