Epilogue

Diplomas finally in hand, the seniors of Lockton High School threw their graduation hats into the air. After four long years they were done. Their lives were about to begin. Alexis Clayton found that fact both pleasing and frightening.

All, or at least most, of the students had passed their final exams and were carrying on to something more;  whether it be college or university or a job. Alexis, or Alex as she prefers to be called, decided on a gap year so that her college application to UCLA could be one of the best. Her new boyfriend, Matthew Connell, was doing the same so they will probably be together for the foreseeable future. Meg Hyde, Alex's best friend, received early acceptance to her dream school, NYU. 

A large portion of the graduates went off to Florida State, including the popular football player Kyle Bennett and his recent girlfriend, Daphne Hays. Now that the queen on the school was gone, a pretty sophomore by the name of Natalie Daniels took her place and was enjoying bossing Freshmen around. You may be wondering where that leaves Amber Chance. Shocking the majority of the staff and students, she opened up her own charity for underprivileged children with a generous donation from her father. The rude girl has gotten rid of her ways, or it seems that way at least, and is now a much friendlier, nicer person.

So that's pretty much the senior class in a nutshell. Alex was given a one hundred percent on her essay, the highest in her grade. Miss Rosemary decided that her forty-eighth year teaching should be her last. Technically the school board suggested that they lay off the essay  idea so they would not run into any more troubles like Alexis' stunt. In response Miss Rosemary handed in her resignation. 

This is where the story ends, for now. Life is, after all, just one long tale. How it goes is up to the author. 

******

I looked down at all of the caps littering the school field, "Now what?"

"Now our lives begin." Matt wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. 

Kyle was approaching our group, Daphne at his hip, "No more pretending?"

I shook my head, grinning, "Nah. I think I'm fine being myself for a while. "

"We all know you'll be up to something again within the next few weeks." Liam smirked, scanning his diploma repeatedly. His arm was wrapped lazily around Meg's waist. Apparently she and Dylan weren't working out. Fortunately, in her words, I had a whole stack of boys I could set her up with.

The twins, for the first time really, spoke together, "But that's the way we like you."

"Just make sure to inform us prior." Jake shook his head, chuckling.

"I love you guys." They gathered together for a group hug. It was the end of the line for their high school experience.

The end of their adventure, however, was still way off.