Burned

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL!

By reading this the reader implies that he/she is aware of the cosmic contract that is made by placing eye contact onto this paper. The following is of the utmost importance that once the bearer of this document has comprehended the following, it must be destroyed immediately.

________________________________

To the ARCH organization,

           Contained in the following is a detailed account of the adventures of Ethan Mattius. It is of the utmost importance that these documents stay within the Organization. His help will be necessary if we will win let alone survive the war. His blood lineage and power can either destroy us or help us into protecting the Lost Ones. We were lucky enough to find him first, and there is no doubt that if this leaks out that it will be a mad race to get him. He still is ignorant of everything that is happening around him. Stay alert and if you must keep these papers at all, guard them with top security. This is the only copy of this document. Watch his siblings and everyone around him.

                Trust No One.

_________________________________________________

1-Burning.

           I always wondered what it would feel like to burn in fire.

           The pain it would bring, would it be the same as a stab to the heart, or the slash of a knife? Maybe it would resemble the sting of an electric shock?

            But the biggest question, was it enough to steal them away from me? The distant, fading memory of my parents was just that- a memory. I could only remember bits of pieces of them now compared to when I really could have held them. Some say fire gives way to new life. A fresh fire in a forest also leads to a fresh start of growth....right?

            Except I'm not a forest. I'm not a tree. I'm a human being.

            So I quietly sat in the cell as I waited to be brought back for my punishment. I was even wondering how I got to be there, sitting in the damp stone cube that the worst criminals of the Diore country had to endure. Truthfully, I was bored, and that's how I got to the really depressing topic of my parents. It was dark, and all I could really see were the corners of the cell. And to think all I had done was to steal a pear from the fruit stand....The smell of acrid dog reeked from the bars that trapped me as I sat on the wall farthest from them.

            And I waited.

            Until the god forsaken guard came, with their burlap armor thick and their faces rugged, they came down to the cells underground for me to hear my verdict. They stared at me with an expectancy to stand up and follow them. I stared back uwilling.

            "Stand up and follow." he ordered with a threatening tone. I stared blankly and slowly got up without much haste. I kept my best poker face as I slowly saw the light leaking from the entrance they had taken. Things became slightly clearer and brighter, but as I looked to the guards I noticed they had emblems on their backs. Printed in dark brown was a symbol of a curved sword with red on the tip.

           This area was under control of a guild. And given their less-than-friendly looks, a dark guild to be exact. I was more irritated then scared, due to my bad luck. I mean, really of all places to get imprisoned it had to a place under control of a dark guild.

            I was still, however, compelled to pretend nothing was wrong or of the matter...but I kept quiet and looked for my chances of survival. All things considered....it wasn't looking good. If they were a skilled guild, I might be dead in a few hours. I had no defense, and no aura either. I had never even tried manipulating aura or seeing them in any way. Those who did know how to use their auras were regarded as powerful, and were usually members of guilds. Aura was the energy that surrounded every living thing, a field of energy that usually is invisble to most. They may even be magic wielders, using their auras more intricately for more deadly results.