Mistletoe

//yes I'm aware this is pretty overused but it's one of my favorites to read about so I hope you enjoy!//

Ah yes! It was finally Christmas at Hogwarts, and despite having to dodge mistletoe scattered about the ceilings, everything was going very well. I never get many presents because my friends aren't, well... the best of friends, but I don't really mind as much as I used to.

I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going as I made my way to the Great Hall, when suddenly I couldn't walk any further. I put my hand up, only to be stopped by the invisible border around me.

"No! I was avoiding these stupid plants so easily up until now," I complained. One of the stems of the mistletoe came down and pricked my blonde hair, slightly messing it up. "How am I going to get out of this now?"

I felt someone bump into my back, and instantly knew they had just fallen into the same trap as me.

'Please don't be somebody bad.' I thought as I turned around, seeing a boy with messy dark brown hair turned the opposite way as me. 'No. No way. I'm not kissing Potter, especially not under a couple's snogging excuse. Not that I would kiss him at any other time. Ugh.'

Harry slowly turned around to face me. His eyes widened when he realised who he had to snog to get out. We stared at each other for a few seconds before we both started shaking our heads.

"Nope, I'm not doing it! I'd rather kiss an actual ferret than Malfoy!" He shouted as he banged him hands against the border.

"Oi, what's that supposed to mean, scarface?" I shouted at him.

We started shouting insults at each other before shutting up as we were both out of breath. We looked at each other, panting.

"You know what, let's just kiss and get it over with," Harry said as he caught his breath.

I looked at him with wide eyes, before slowly nodding and stepping forward a bit so we were only a few inches away from each other.

We both started to lean in, and I felt him soft lips on mine. It wasn't like a hungry or lustful kiss, it was very soft and full of love that had gone unnoticed until now.

I slightly turned my head and deepened the kiss a little more. He did the same a few moments later. I lightly nibbled on his lip and stretched it out a tiny bit, and licked where I had bitten.

We pulled away, not noticing the crowd around us, now staring at us with shocked expressions, and that the invisible barrier was long gone.

"Oh, get a room," Professor McGonagall said as she walked past us with a smile.

//end//