Chapter Three

BOOM!

Coal seemed to act as a Jack-in-the-box, springing up at the sudden noise. She was over at Matt and Mello's dorm in a matter of seconds, looking around frantically while trying to find the source of the noise. Surely, she found it, along with the culprits: Mello, and Matt.

Mello, who seemed to just walk in the room, was yelling at Matt. "MATT! WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Matt was also yelling back. "LISTEN, MELL! IT WASN'T MY FAULT! NOW JUST STOP YELLING!" They both continued rambling on as they were, blaming each other.

Coal, however, had already found the source of the noise seconds before: the television. It must've heated up to much from being on for too long, and exploded from the heat. Probably because Matt played video games on it for the majority of the day. Frankly, C had enough of the two's yelling, so she whipped a pillow at the two, barely missing their heads.

Matt and Mello both turned to look at Coal in unison, just as Watari and Near came into the room. An awkward moment of silence passed through the room and C just stared at everyone, wide-eyed. Watari made eye contact with Mello and Matt, and then Coal, and then Near. Then only to repeat the silent process. Again, a crowd had gathered around them.

Just before the silence got too long, the T.V bursts into flames. Everyone (meaning Mello and Matt) started panicking, screaming like little girls, and running around the room like they were being chased by a bear. Watari came in with a fire extinguisher and blew the fire out like a true firefighter. A couple seconds after the fire was out, he sighed. "Wish I could say that this was the first time this happened..."

Matt awkwardly laughed and scratched the back of his head, slowly backing away to avoid the wrath of  Watari's punishment. Watari just stopped him by grabbing his vest, and shook his head in disapproval. "Mello, Matt. You obviously can't stay in here...so, you're going to have to share a dorm with someone else..."

  The way that Watari avoided telling the boys who exactly they were sharing a room with gave it away to C. They were sharing a room with Near and Coal. Near also seemed to realize this and glanced at C. Then, Mello obviously seemed to realize this as well. The look on Mello's face was of pure disgust. "No!" Mello yelled, slamming his fists on a desk. "There is absolutely no way i'm sharing a room with Near!"

Near just stood in place, ignoring Mello's rude behavior. C did as well. Matt honestly didn't care about sharing a dorm as long as there was a T.V, but he doubted Watari would let him even close to a Television after this "scene". Despite Mello's argument, in a matter of minutes, Matt and Mello were looking at their new temporary dorm. Mello and Matt were sharing one half of the room, which was C's side before the explosion. Coal and Near were on the other side, with Near on the bed and C hanging upside down or sleeping on the floor.

Roger left the children and a few seconds later, Mello pulled out a chocolate bar and snapped it, while Matt already was on his gameboy. C was observing all of her two new dorm mate's actions. Mello was already pretty easy to figure out. He was very arrogant, as well as annoying, and always let his emotions cloud his judgement. Most of all, Mello really disliked Near.

   Matt, however, was curious to Coal. He seemed not to care about much of anything, besides Mello and video games. Occasionally, Matt would turn to look at C, then as soon as their eyes met, he would look away, embarrassed, and then go back to playing his game again.

Near was continuing to build his legos, seemingly deep in thought. He was placing every item gently, as if one false move would lead to the destruction of the building. Mello came over and kicked his building, causing a storm of legos to fly down from their spots. Near said nothing, did nothing, felt nothing. It seemed like Mello was going to say something, but instead he smirked and walked back towards his side of the room.

Coal watched as this had happened, and felt anger towards Mello, as he felt to her. Glancing at Near, she felt like she had to help him, even though he barely seemed to care and was beginning to rebuild the lego building. She moved out of her upside-down position and began to help Near. They both began rebuilding the building, which Mello responded with a "tch."

Coal swore, if Mello hurt Near again, it would get bad. Really bad.